Fools and Their Date

Jay has always liked pleasing, especially when it comes to Jungwon. So it is only logical for him to follow Jungwon out of the room, no questions asked. Because if Jungwon wants to go anywhere, Jay will take him there. Anything and everything Jungwon wants, Jay will make sure to get it for him.

Besides, they are going on a date; Jay has wanted to go on a date with Jungwon for at least a year. It is a bit unexpected, but Jay isn’t going to complain. He is smiling like a fool as Jungwon drags him by the hand out of the dorm, only barely giving him time to grab his wallet. In some random part of his brain, he wishes he could have changed clothes and plan things out. Yet Jungwon seems eager to go out and Jay fears he might change his mind if he stops him.

There’re many things they have to talk about. The members may have assumed they are together, and it may seem like they really are at the moment, but Jay would like to have that conversation anyway. No way is he letting any misunderstanding form between them because they haven’t talked about something. After all, up to ten minutes ago, they were nothing more than friends, but it seems that they like each other.

Well, Jay is sure he likes Jungwon, what he isn’t so sure about is what Jungwon feels for him. Everything seems to point to Jungwon liking him but, they are going on a date after all and Jungwon had been the one to ask for it. Jay will say ask, even though it was more of a demand Jay couldn’t refuse. Everyone else also agreed that they are dating; they seem to have believed they have been dating for a while, so Jay is pretty confident that Jungwon does like him.

Yet, Jay is very fond of conversations, so he would like to have that conversation with Jungwon anyway.

“Jungwon, I— where are we going?” Jay changes his question at the last second.

“I don’t know,” he admits with ease, but sounding a little angry. “I haven’t thought that far.” He stops and Jay almost crashes onto him.

And, well, Jay can’t help but to laugh. He starts laughing, because he’ll follow Jungwon anywhere, even if Jungwon has no idea where he’s going. He has no idea where they are going. He looks fondly at Jungwon, who is looking to the side embarrassed, and it’s obvious Jungwon just wants to be with Jay. Jay laughs louder and Jungwon gets a little mad, but his cheeks are tinted pink. For Jay, Jungwon looks adorable at the moment.

“Okay, where do you want to go?” Jay asks once he manages to calm down. 

“I- We should have breakfast, right? It’s too early for lunch…” Jungwon starts pondering, murmuring to himself. 

“Do you have any place in mind? Because if not, I…” Jay trails off without finishing his thought.

“You?” Jungwon prompts, wanting to know what Jay is thinking.

“Well, I thought a lot about places we could go on dates to…” he admits, feeling less embarrassed than he anticipated.

“You have?” Jungwon doesn’t seem to notice Jay’s light embarrassment. “And you thought of one specifically for a breakfast date?” 

“Yeah,” Jay answers sincerely. “A couple of places for it, actually,” he adds, a way for Jungwon to know that he has options just in case.

“Pick one and let’s go there,” Jungwon says. “It’ll be too late even for breakfast if I have to come up with a place.”

As soon as Jungwon gives him the green light, Jay tightens his grip on Jungwon’s hand and starts leading the way. It doesn’t take them long to reach a small café Jay had seen some months ago; he remembers thinking Jungwon would like it there. Jay takes pride in knowing he was right, Jungwon seems to love the place and the menu. For a while, it’s like any other time they had gone out. They talk and eat; they laugh and enjoy themselves. With how normal it all is, Jay feels content but also confused. Now however, he understands why everyone keeps thinking that they are dating. Which reminds him he still hasn’t asked Jungwon about it.

“I like you,” Jay says. Momentarily, he wishes to hit himself against the wall. That is not how he wanted to bring up the topic, but he isn’t going to take it back.

“I’d hoped so, considering you are on a date with me,” Jungwon teases him, confused. 

“No, I- The thing is I was thinking…” He sees how Jungwon holds back on making a joke as he speaks, probably realising it’s serious. “I was thinking and while I know I like you and I assume you like me, we haven’t really talked about it.”

“And you want to talk about it?” Jungwon asks, at which Jay simply nods. “Okay, I like you, too.” Jungwon confesses easily.

“So are we dating now?” Jay decides to be direct. 

“At the very least, we are on a date,” Jungwon affirms. “But I guess I didn’t really ask you out, we just came here… and everything’s been pretty much the same as usual…”

“Do you want to be my boyfriend?” Jay interrupts Jungwon’s rambling, lowering his voice so as to not be heard by anyone by accident.

“I- Shouldn’t we go on a couple of dates first?” Jungwon stammers.

“I think we’ve been on plenty already, if we count every time we’ve gone out ad things were just like this date,” Jay argues playfully.

Jungwon thinks about it, fidgeting with the cup in front of him. “I do want to be your boyfriend,” he says softly. “But I think it’s unfair you asked me outside where you can’t kiss me,” he complains.

“I can kiss you when we get back to the dorms,” Jay offers all too eager.

“With everyone around? No thanks, they’ll make fun of us.” Jungwon denies him.

“It can be in my room,” Jay insists, not wanting to miss the opportunity to kiss Jungwon.

“Jake’s there,” Jungwon points out.

“I can and will kick him out of the room for a while,” Jay says seriously. “Besides, he’s mostly always in Heeseung-hyung’s room,” Jay thinks his argument is solid.

Jungwon pretends to ponder over it for a moment, but then nods. “Okay, let’s go then,” he says and once again pulls Jay along. They pay quickly and Jungwon drags Jay out of the café. 

“Wait, wait,” Jay stops them halfway from the dorms.

“What?” Jungwon tries not to sound that impatient, but fails a little.

“Are you my boyfriend now?” Jay has to ask; he wants everything to be clear.

“Not until you kiss me.” Jungwon pulls jay forward again. Jay is temporarily satisfied with that answer.

Later, they get back to the dorm and Jungwon is sitting on Jay’s bed. They don’t need to kick Jake out of the room as he walks himself out the moment he sees them coming in, it makes Jungwon blush a little and Jay looks everywhere but at the way Jake winks at him. It’s after Jay softly presses his lips to Jungwon’s that he asks the question again.

Jungwon answers with a whispered yes and pulls Jay down to kiss him again. Jay is more than happy to follow Jungwon’s lead this time as well.