T H R E E

[ Maisie ]

..this is my favourite part of working in a flower shop..

I round the counter, gesturing him to follow me to the back, leading him to our tulips.

His eyes widen as he sees the large variety of tulips. My favourites.

Every possible colour that paints tulips, and every type of tulip adorns the corner of my flower shop.

„Oh wow, that's a lot. If I wouldn't know better I'd say they're your favourite." his eyes skim over every bouquet absorbing the bright colours, soaking them in with his deep blue eyes.

„They are" I say smiling brightly as I run my fingers along the silky plants. The smell of tulips fills my nose and I close my eyes for a second.

When I open my eyes again, turning to him, I find him staring at me. Not these beautiful flowers. No, he stares at me.

„Your favourite colour?" the words leave his throat, barely opening his mouth, yet speaking very clear.

It doesn't take me long to answer. „Lavender"

„Alright, I'll take these lavender coloured ones then"

My heart melts and my body warms.

„Or which are your favourite tulips?" he continues asking for my preference.

„I love the white and lavender ones the most" I say barely audible.

„I want the white and the lavender ones, please—" for a second he stops. Looking at my hair and back to my eyes. Then his lips curl into yet another smile. „—Maisie"

My name rolls over his tongue, leaving his mouth, causing his pink shaded lips to spread apart.

My name never sounded better.

„Your name reminds me of daisies. And based off of the daisies tugged into your hair, I guess these are your favourites too?" his eyes holding onto mine and I can feel my knees getting weak.

What is happening to me.

„Y-Yes" I say. Okay stop it. He's just a normal costumer. No need to act like this. Get yourself together. This is the perfect practice.

„Yes" I repeat, adjusting my posture— straightening my back and pushing back my shoulders. Sticking out my chest and if it wasn't for the two flower bouquets in his hands, my breasts would've brushed against his chest, because now I feel how dangerously close he is.

Normally I would freak out, I'd take five steps back and turn my back to who ever guy I was taking to but it's different.

I find myself drawn to him in a way I can't describe. I'm glad I became a florist. I would suck as a writer due my lack of words and explanation. And due to my lack of romance. Silly huh.

„Mhm. That's what I thought" his voice fills my ears.

„I love every sort of flowers. They grow so innocently and beautiful by itself. But you have to take care of them. Some plants need extra care and some are strong enough on its own." And here it goes. A new side of me that I never experienced after Everett.

I'm talking to a guy. A very attractive guy. And I'm not as nervous as before.

„My favourite season would be spring because it still rains a lot. Rainy days are one of my favourite weathers, you know. It's so sad how many people hate rain."

I automatically grabbed the bouquets he picked out and start creating a new one, mixing the white and lavender ones together, bringing them in one.

"I love the rain. It's comforting" he follows me to the counter, admiring every move I make.