Friends

Oh no, why did I speak up???

Marinette looked at Chloe, who stared back, obviously angry. She hadn't meant to say anything, but she just couldn't help herself when she saw someone being bullied. Only after she spoke up she noticed who she was defending. He was on the ground now, and whenever she saw his hair she almost made the same mistake as yesterday. It was Kira, the boy she had met the day before. At first she was excited to see him again, but he apparently didn't feel the same way. She hoped he didn't think badly of her, but the look on his face when he recognized her didn't sit well with her.

"No, please, don't stop on my behalf Marinette."

Chloe smirked at her, then remembered who she was talking to in the first place. "And you, blondie, where are you even from?"

Marinette started to walk towards them, prepared to defend Kira so he might open himself up to her and the rest of the other students. According to Adrien and Alya, he wasn't very social in any of his classes. She stopped her advance whenever Kira, still on the ground, spoke.

"Excuse me, Chloe, was it?"

She seemed surprised he addressed her, in fact she seemed surprised he was still there at all. "What do you want, loser?"

Marinette wasn't sure if her eyes were playing tricks on her, but suddenly, Kira was standing up.

He must have stood up whenever I blinked... maybe I looked away and didn't notice?

He rose above her, and even though he reached his full height, he seemed to keep growing. It was all very intimidating, and there was no doubt he knew it, and had most likely done this before.

"You're at the top of the social hierarchy at this school, correct? Well, not to be rude, but one little mistake could ruin your life. Maybe you insult the wrong person. Maybe you trip and fall down the stairs."

Chloe wasn't smiling anymore, she just looked scared.

"Well... I... you..."

The boy continued, the crowd on his side of the circle had taken a few steps back, Chloe wasn't the only one he was creeping out. She moved to push him away, but he caught her hand.

"Always remember that something can go wrong. And if it can..."

The girl tried to pull away, and so he let go. The force of her pull went right through her, and she ended up on the ground.

Now Kira was the one smirking, "It will."

The crowd cheered, and Marinette was stunned. He was the first person in their school to properly put Chloe in her place, she was still sitting on the ground, absolutely mortified.

"What's going on?"

It was him. The boy of her dreams. They didn't encounter each other that often, but she was absolutely in love with Adrien Agreste.

"Chloe, are you ok?" He helped her up from the floor, and she immediately began overplaying some nonexistent injury, blubbering and sobbing, going on about how the new kid had threatened her.

Marinette saw Adrien and Kira lock eyes, and hold each other's gaze. The student body could feel the tension between them, and none of them wanted to get in the middle of it. Adrien finally looked away, and the crowd could tell he had lost the mental battle. They moved toward Kira, their new hero.

Marinette approached Kira, as he turned and saw her, his eyes widened and he took a step back. She spoke before he could get away, "Kira, that was amazing! You really showed her not to mess with you!"