Dance

I'm dreaming again, aren't I.

He stood in a dark and desolate alleyway. Smoke rose from the cracks in the walls, and drifted into the the sky above. At least he thought there was a sky, if there was, he couldn't see it through the haze.

He heard a voice, female, call out through the fog.

"Where are you, Yoshikage Kira?"

It wasn't the Monk, he knew her voice well. Constantly ordering him around from inside his own head aquatinted him closely with her speech patterns and comical abbreviations.

A teenager walked towards him from the dense smoke. He didn't recognize her immediately, but something about her seemed familiar. The familiar feeling simmered and grew inside him until he could handle it no more. He lunged at her, grabbing her by the wrist, preparing to destroy her body.

Surprisingly, he went right through her. He landed on the ground behind her, shocked. He turned to look at her back, she hadn't turned to follow him.

"Making the same mistake twice? No good. Anyway, you're someone else's problem now. And knowing you, I'm sure you won't be for long."

Kira felt something grab his ankle, and looking down, he saw countless hands gripping his clothes and body.

They pulled him back, and into the darkness of his own mind, screaming all the way.

--

"Kira!"

He shot out of bed, unaware of his surroundings. He quickly realized moving fast was a mistake, as he found himself on the floor of his room.

My room.

Right.

Marinette.

She stood above him, shocked she had scared him so badly. The girl grabbed at his arm to help him up, and for a moment their hands touched. Kira, attempting to thank her, if only to get her to go away, couldn't speak. He tried his best, and ended up biting his tongue in the process.

Why am I being so clumsy?? I'll just have to hope living with Marinette isn't rubbing off on me.

He brushed her hand away, and that's when he remembered about Juleka. She was still hidden in the box under his bed.

As he put on a shirt, Marinette fuming red as usual, he causally put his feet over the square door that contained his prize. He had no doubt someone that cared enough about a city to fight crime every day wouldn't hesitate to poke their nose where it didn't belong.

Yes, now that he was certain she was Ladybug he would have to be more careful.

They stared at each other for a few more seconds, and after Kira raised his eyebrows, Marinette continued speaking,

"So, there's a school dance tonight, and we're kind of having trouble getting guys to come. I was just thinking maybe you and Juleka might want to come-"

He interrupted, ready to maintain his cover. "And why would I go with Juleka?"

Marinette was flustered, clearly not expecting this sharp response from her new roommate. "Well... I kind of thought you'd been seeing each other and so-"

Once again, Kira cut her off. "Well then, you thought wrong. Juleka and I are only friends, and besides, she hasn't been responding to my texts since yesterday."

The girl was clearly upset now, and before Kira could say anything else, she was gone. He checked under the bed, Juleka was still there, safe and sound.