Reset

Kira turned around. Marinette walked into the crowd of girls, clearly upset. She hadn't brought the present to Adrien. He knew she would, someday.

He remembered everything of course. The destroyed future, white Cat Noir, and the Monk's death. He guessed that he died the exact moment the timeline reset, so his memory remained in-tact.

He still had to work on his memory for his life before his Spirit days, but he had a pretty sizable list of random habits going.

He made his way into the city, ready to face whatever challenges came his way.

--

Josuke had been all over Paris. He marveled at the tower, ate all sorts of food, and then burned off all the calories running from the police when he realized he didn't have any money.

He found a small bakery to lay low in, and killed  some time looking at the baked goods lining the shelves.

Around 5:30 PM, two other children, only about a year younger than him, brushed past him and started to make their way upstairs. One, a boy, stopped before he could go up to the second floor. The girl continued up, but sneaked a glance at him, more likely his hair.

Him and the boy looked at each other for a moment, and Josuke gasped. The boy stared at him, unsure of why the punk stood gaping. The blonde teen broke eye contact, grabbed a macaroon, and went upstairs.

Josuke knew those eyes. He had seen them back in Morioh, before he was pulled through that freak portal and into Paris. They were the eyes of the handsome blonde man on the street. The eyes of the killer that roamed their sleepy town. The monster in the shadows.

He was back. Yoshikage Kira was alive. And only Josuke could stop him.

--

That was weird

The boy in the bakery had been staring at him weirdly, Kira chalked it up to a random coincidence. Maybe he thought he recognized him. Yes, that must have been it.

He had just gotten back from a date with Juleka, and met Marinette on the way back to their house. She hadn't talked to him once, unusual for her. When he tried to say something, her face reddened in anger, and she didn't respond. They made the rest of the trip in silence.

That night, he let Juleka into his room. They hung out for a while, and talked. For hours they poured over gothic fiction and other random topics.

"Kira, you still awake?"

Marinette opened the door, only to see Kira reading a book. He smiled, nodded, and went back to reading. She nodded back, accidentally hit her head on the doorframe, and shut his door. He heard her murmur something under her breath. He laughed,

"That was a close one, wasn't it... Juleka?"

Kira took her hand, and pulled her out from under the blanket. He brushed his golden hair back behind his ear, and felt something sticky on his finger. He sighed.

There was blood all over the sheets.

He'd have to account for that next time. Ever since the incident with the Monk, he had slowly been gaining control of the Cat Stand. He hadn't exactly meant to activate it today, but now, only the best part of Juleka Couffaine remained. Her left hand, hidden in a compartment he had crafted under his bed. He stashed his new prize away, and closed his eyes.

He thought to himself as he clipped his fingernails into a trash can, was this new? What if this was something from his past life? The urge to murder that was deep in his mind, like an itch consuming his brain and body alike.  If it was, how he ended up as a Spirit just got a whole lot more interesting.

So he was a killer.

I wonder if that's going to be a problem.

ʏᴏsʜɪᴋᴀɢᴇ ᴋɪʀᴀ's ᴍɪʀᴀᴄᴜʟᴏᴜs ʟɪғᴇOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara