Baseball and Almost Death

Genesis's POV
I woke up to me cuddling Jasper. "Baseball today, Darlin." He said. "I know let me get dressed." I said getting out of bed. He nodded and I changed into jeans, a white T-shirt with the sleeves being blue, striped sneakers, a baseball cap, I did my hair in a low ponytail, light makeup, and I grabbed a tan jacket, I took the cap off and saw Bella was dressed like normal maybe a bit more sporty. "So how are we gonna spin this to Dad?" I asked. "His favorite beer and puppy dog eyes." Bella said. "You should've just told him like I did." I said. "Hey Dad." We both said seeing him cleaning his gun at the small table in the kitchen. "Yeah?" He asked. Bella got him his favorite beer, so he wasn't so mad. "Well Jasper asked me out on a date to play baseball with his family." I said, knowing Dad liked Jasper. "That sounds fun." Dad said. "And so did Edward Cullen with me." Bella said. "I thought you didn't like any boys in town." Dad said. "The Cullen's technically live a bit out of town." I said. "Can I meet him?" Dad asked as he closed his fully loaded shot gun and we heard a knock. "That's them." I said and opened the door and smiled seeing Jasper and Edward. "Hello Chief Swan." Edward said. "Hi Chief Swan." Jasper said shaking Dad's hand. "Hello Jasper and Elliot." Dad said getting Edward's name wrong on purpose. "It's Edward." Bella corrected. "I know I like to get boys who I don't like names wrong." Dad said, huh so he likes Jasper. "Dad it's just a baseball game." I said. "Bella is gonna play baseball?" Dad asked looking suspiciously at Bella since she was more clumsy than me and I one time fell going up the stairs and fell going down the stairs all in one day those were fun trips to the nurse. "Relax Chief Swan we'll make sure they are safe." Jasper said smiling making Dad smile back. "Okay and you can just call me Charlie, Jasper." Dad said and we left and got in the Jeep. "I don't need to be a mind reader to tell Dad will probably enroll you into an all girls school." I said. "You read his mind?" Bella asked me. "No I get silence like with you." I said. "So do I." Edward said. "Why do you guys like baseball anyways?" Bella asked them. "It's America's pastime." Jasper said and I rolled my eyes. We got out and Esme smiled seeing us. "Good you're here we need two more umpires." Esme said. "She thinks we cheat." Emmett said. "I know you cheat." Esme said to him. "I can see it." I said smirking. "Shut it little witch." He said and I stuck my tongue out at him, we stood there and I was curious about Esme's past she was so nice which I wonder why she died. "Esme this may seem like an odd question but what was your human life?" I asked. "No problem, I was in an abusive marriage and then I got pregnant with a boy, I ran away to get away from the marriage, I gave birth and then the boy died two days later. I couldn't bare living without my baby so I committed suicide. Carlisle found me in the morgue but I was still breathing and he turned me." Esme said. I nodded and hugged her. "You two make them feel human again and that's all I could ask for." Esme whispered to me. "Well Jasper knows what it's like having to hide." I said, she nodded. Rosalie was up first and she hit the ball and ran. "I now understand why you need thunder." Bella said. Rosalie landed but I was able to tell that she got out. "Out." Bella and I said, she glared. "Out! Oh come on babe it's just a game." Emmett said cheerfully. It was Carlisle turn and he hit it. "That has got to be safe." Bella said. "I wouldn't be so sure. Edward's fast." Esme said and he crashed into Emmett. "Safe." I said and Carlisle smiled. It was Jasper's turn and he hit the ball and was ready to run. "Stop!" Alice yelled. "Why?" I asked and touched her shoulder and got a vision of four vampires. "Nomads?" I asked. "They were about to leave but heard us." Alice said. "Bella put your hair down." Edward said. "Like that will fix anything I smelt her across the field." Rosalie said and Jasper held me close. "I think this is yours." A redhead vampire about my age said throwing the ball and Carlisle caught it. "Thank you." Carlisle said. "We didn't know anyone already were hunting her." A white man said. "We maintain a permanent residence." Carlisle said. "How?" The 1st redhead asked curious. "We survive off animal blood. This is my coven." Carlisle said. "Can we join I have a wicked fast ball." The second redhead said. "Yes in fact four of our team members were leaving." Carlisle said and we went to leave but the wind made Bella and my hair move and the vampires smiled. "You brought snacks." The blond man said and Jasper put me behind him even though I could fight with my magic. "They're with us." Edward said. "Get them out of her." Carlisle said and Jasper got me in the car and Edward was driving. "I need to talk to Charlie." Bella said. "Bella vampires are after us we would just put Dad in danger." I said to my sister. "I still need to." Bella said. "Fine but I'm not going in." I said and we stopped and I got in Bella's truck and I sent Dad a text that I was spending the night with Alice and Rosalie since we wanted a girls day tomorrow. Bella got in after with a bag. "Charlie wasn't happy." Bella said. "No shit, you're leaving without even an explanation." I said. "I also told him what mom told him." Bella said. "That's really bad." I said and we got to the Cullen's we got out and Leo and Alice grabbed Bella while Rosalie and Emmett grabbed me. "We'll change clothes so they'll follow the wrong scent." Rosalie said. I changed into the new outfit.