Frozen

(Y/N) remembered the times when the castle was a glow. When doors weren't shut and people weren't kept in the dark. She recounted the old smiles from the young prince and princess. Watching from beyond the shadows as they played in the snow the crown prince had created.

She recounted the times the young boy would timidly ask for her to play with him and his sister. Each time, she shook her head. Saying there was work needed to be done, before following her mother to the what ever task was next. Sometimes, her mother begged her to play with the two royals. And so she did. The bright smile on the princes face could warm up any snow day he had made.

Just for her.

Yet just like snow, the happy moment melts into a memory. Frozen in time, never altered. 

Just like the past.

Soon, Elias had accidentally hurt princess Anna with his powers. (Y/N) knew of the gossip had spread around the servants like wildfire. Many were afraid to deliver the young boy food in his time of fear. He had closed his door, shutting out his sister. Only the king and queen were allowed into Elias's quarters, along with a few brave maids and butlers.

(Y/N), being one of those few.

The prince seemed to look forward to the days (Y/N) would serve him. Finding himself a acquaintance in the making. Along with the young princess, who would try to sneak glances inside her older brothers room on occasion. Often trying to chat with him from beyond his bedroom door.

The young royal had even begged for small tidbits of information about her brother from the select few. Yet little info was given, except from a (h/c) haired servant that served Elias. Doing the best she could to feed Anna's curiosity.

Yet... That was before. 

Before everything snuffed out like a candle at its end.

Before the king and queen of Arendelle had died.

The day was somber, melancholic. All of the servants wore black cloth and wore looks of loss. It seemed as if the entire castle was in mourning for the two beloved monarchs. Anna, the sweet, naive, princess. Still headed to her older brothers door, who hadn't even come out of his room for his parents funeral.

"Elias, I know your in there... ? Please I know you're in there... People have been asking where you've been. They say have courage and I'm trying to. Im right out here for you. Please let me in..."

Anna slides down the door and sits with her head against it.

"We only have each other. It's just you and me. What are we gonna do?"

"Do you wanna build a snowman..?"

Anna sang weakly, leaning against her brothers door as she sobbed to herself. Soon leaving after as she heads into her room.

Peaking from beyond the halls. (Y/N) stands in front of the princes door. Arms crossed as a pitting look washes over her face. Leaning against the door, she already pictured Elias tear stained face as he could only claw at his doors handle.

"Hard as it is, In the coming days, I watch my friend
In her strange, unnatural state...." (Y/N) starts, remembering the events before the declaration of the death of the king and queen.

"Don't let her out of my sight. She trails off. Stares at nothing. Laughs at random. And the letters come..."

"She waits by the window. And I listen at the door." 

"'Til one day, I see by the. Sad look on her face. There's a dreadful plan in her heart."

"I know you are capable of anything. I know you so well my friend..

"I know you might just run away. What am I to do?
Who do I ask for help?" She questioned bitterly.

"Is it all on me? Is it all on me?"

"But I will stand in the dark for you!
I will hold you back by force. I will stand here right outside your door. I won't see you disgraced..  I will protect your name and your heart. Because I miss my friend..."  (Y/N) could feel the weight of Elias on the door. His sobs becoming quiet as low sniffling was the only sound he made.

"I know you've forgotten me. I know you so well my friend. I know you might just throw yourself over
But I won't let you. I won't let you. It's all on me..!"

(Y/N) places her hand on the door knob with a shaky hand. Eyes bright and warm like flame as her intense gaze at falls at the painted door. Trying pry open the door with little strength she had.

"And I remember this family! I remember their kindness.
And if I never sleep, again.."

(Y/N) quickly caught herself, realizing her actions as she whispers a apology. Backing away from the door all together.

"I will stand in the dark for you. I will hold you back by force. I will stand here right outside your door. I won't see you disgraced. I will protect your name and your heart. Because I! Miss my friend..."

"Because I miss my friend. Because I miss you, my friend." She turns away from the door, attempting to head back to the servants quarters. Yet unknown to her, a cold hand reaches out from the tiny crack of from the soon-to-be kings door. He grasped her arm, a shriek erupts from her as she's quickly pulled inside his room.

The door quickly shutting after.

[Heyo! Sorry I haven't updated, I will I swear! But here is for yall, this feels more like a dramatic storytelling from one of the background characters but whatever. I hope you enjoy!]

[Song is called Sonya Alone, would highly recommend listening to on YouTube!]