Snow White

Once upon a time, there lived a lovely little prince named Snow White. His vain and wicked stepmother, the Queen, feared that some day Snow White's beauty would surpass her own. Then she dressed the little prince in rags and forced him to work as a scullery servant.

Yet as time flew, the Queen's beauty had faded, along with her health. And in her final years, her hatred for the young prince grew. So, finding one that could rival her own beauty, the Queen had taken a simple servant girl and turned her into royalty. 

Instead of the young prince who would be crowed the next ruler. A commoner would rule instead. Oh, how wicked. The Queen had thought on her deathbed. Her tired eyes resting a final time before she was no more.

.

.

.

.

(Y/N) stared at the mirror  Confidence and grace she had seen the former queen give to the mirror in her younger years. A rueful smile grows on her painted lips. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, tell me. Who is the fairest of them all?" The mirror glimmers as a masked face appears from inside the reflection. "It is you, young queen. You are the fairest by far. But..."

"But..?" (Y/N) repeated.

"The prince, the one you had stolen his rightful rule as heir. He is fair beyond compare."

"I... See, well. Who is the fairest woman of them all, surely none can compare to me."

"That is true my queen, but if you wish for it to stay that way. I must warn you. In three days, the prince, he will fall in love with a princess from a neighboring kingdom. Once he does. Your reign as queen will end and his wife will give birth to the most fairest girl in all the lands. Your ruling, your beauty, will be in vain..."

A soft gasp escapes her throat, almost stumbling at the prophecy. "Magic mirror! Tell me! There must a way to change this fate!!" 

The mirror hums in thought as the young queen stares at the small window within the room. Covered by deep purple curtains the former queen had put up. "My queen, if you wish to rid of the prince, that could only lead to killing him." The mirror concluded, their face fading away from the glass as if it was never there.

(Y/N) slowly shook her head, her reflection now being the only thing shining from the mirror. "I... Cannot. Could I..?"

She ponders innocently, her dress hugging her figure tightly as she walks across the room. Pulling the curtain fabric back as she gazes at the courtyard. Noticing the kind hearted prince sweeping the area in rags. She recoiled in disgust, reminding her of the past.

Soon starring off into space as a lone crow flew near her. Cawing at her from the windowsill as she gently raised her pointer finger and petted its head. Forgetting the fair princes presence outside. Who had watched with great interest and joy at the sight of the young woman.

Sighing at her features and attire, his face a-glow with light pink painted on his cheeks. Gripping the broom tightly as he felt his body move slightly towards her window. One of the doves notices this and chirps quite loudly, leading Snow White to kneel and shush the creature before straightening up again and watching the girl once more.

She appears distracted instead of intrigued. Her eyes seemed watery, instead of a smile, she frowns. It irked the young prince beyond belief. 

How could a woman as beautiful as her be so saddened? 

She was the queen of his late mother and fathers kingdom, along with his former step-mother. 

He wasn't envious of her title. No. If he were to be truthful, he was delighted. He was unsure of her taking his burden as ruler, yet was content. Where she was locked in the castle from the prying eyes of the people. He was given the freedom to roam and learn from his position as mere servant to the eyes of (Y/N) and his step-mother.

He wasn't shackled to such troubling duties as his wonderful queen. 

But... There was a ache within him. A yearning to sit beside her on his late fathers throne. To share this burden that was rightfully his. If he begged, if he pleaded to the angles above. Or maybe his wish granted by the wishing well in the court-yard.

His dream would to take her place, let her rest in the passing of her days. Lavish her in foreign jewelry and garbs of only the finest silk. Be given the honor to lay his hand on her wondrous skin and warmth. Lather her in the sweetest and softest lotions ever made. To treasure her serene and peaceful smiles as if it would be the last.

A wish for him and him only.

Heading back to the wishing well, a group of doves watch him solemn lean against the bricks. Tracing over the surface of well as he stared at the abysmal bottom. "Oh wishing well, I'm wishing for the one I love to be happy..."

Snow White whispers, petting a peculiar dove right next to him. Where instead of beautiful white feathers, it looked as if it bled from it's chest.

How odd.

[There will be more updates!! Also, I need more suggestions for fairytales please! How does the twelve dancing princess sound? Or barbie movie, which ever I just need inspiration. Help!]