Double Date

Yo it's been so long ai think all my readers died

So did ya like my completely unannounced hiatus that wasn't really a hiatus, and instead just the product of my endless procrastination? Of course you did. ;)

noowwww, where were we?

*recedes into stage persona*

*Aether Pov*

.

This is .. awkward, so very awkward.

I take a rather long sip of water as Xiao glares at the obviously frightened Keqing. Nobody has said a word since they'd ordered their food.
Aside from Adeptus Xiao, for he .. has not said anything for the entire evening as he chose not to respond when the waiter questioned him, opting instead to stare into space. I had hastily ordered a plate of almond tofu in his stead. I may as well stave off his hunger until the day comes that he'll eat me ..

"Aether?"

Ah, shit. I better not have said that last part out loud.

The heavy silence had broken, fragile as glass. My eyes dart to Ganyu. She chuckles, "Welcome back traveler, care to explain why you've been silently staring at my brother all night?" "Ah?" My hands clasp over my face and I flush with embarrassment "I'm sorry!" I blurt out. In the corner of my eye I spot Xiao smiling. However, when I turn my head to look at him, his face is empty and cold as ice. My gaze immediately returns to my lap, my eyes must be playing tricks on me.

Oh my god, do I seriously have no self control? Then again, it's hard to stop myself from thinking about a certain handsome yaksha when he is quite literally right beside me.

As I try to compose myself, Xiao shoots me a look and I can't tell whether it is meant to be flirty or threatening, perhaps both? These mixed signals are hurting my head.

Ganyu's voice cuts through the air again, "Speaking of staring, Xiao could you stop scowling at my fiancee, I promise she has done nothing to deserve your wrath."

His first word of the night is a faint apology, "sorry .." he switches his gaze from Keqing to the candle in the center of the table, I imagine that he is planning to make that candle explode.
The waitress has saved our gathering from receding back into awkwardness as aromatic dishes are placed around the table.
Xiao passes a plate in my direction, and I might just faint as he looks up into my eyes.
"Aether, take the almond tofu you ordered."
It takes me a while to realize he's said something, and I speak so quickly that I swear my sentence is no longer coherent.
"oh nono, I ordered it for you. You can eat it .. i-if you're hungry"
"You did? Why thank you"
He chuckled as he set the plate back down in front of him. His voice really is sweeter than sugar itself.
"So Ganyu, I've heard you received a promotion and are now the head administrator for the Liyue Qixing? Congratulations, it's well deserved"
"Thank you traveller!"
"Aw, you're going to be Ningguang's new favourite soon.." Keqing jests.
"Oh no, I couldn't possible take that spot from you."
"Oh please, you're going to debate that in front of the beloved 'Hero of Liyue'"
Xiao turns back to me and flashes a smirk.
"Hey now, I promise I'll share her mora with you all"
The sound of laughter and jokes fills the table, and I now know that this night will be one well spent.

...

Short chapter for now 🥲
I can't wait for winter break, school is acc destroying my ass, and not in a good way.
In all seriousness I really hope my beloved readers are still here 😭 I hope you're enjoying the story.
Seeya !! pls drink some water today