Chapter/3/Nero

Everyone has their own depictions of the underworld, a never ending infernal landscape being the most common. This version however, had many different elemental regions.

And in a region with a white field, filled with needle tipped roots that sprouted from the ground, and a massive tree at its center. The Qliphoth tree.

The sounds of blades cleaving flesh filled the air, along with the screams of hells inhabitants. All being done by a powerful pair of brothers. One sporting a red coat and demonic looking great sword that he swung with ease. And the other sporting a black tail coat with cyan snake like patterns, and a katana he wielded with excellent precision and skill.

While they were having an easy time with the demons they were most familiar with, they did have a little trouble with ones that looked new to them, and much more powerful than any they had faced.

"What the hell is with these things?! They just keep coming!" The man in the red coat had rapidly thrusted his blade into one such demon at blinding speed, piercing holes into it before sending one final stinger, blowing it to pieces.

"Doesn't matter, their efforts are foolish in the end" The one with the katana had sheathed his blade, before moving so fast the blade never left the sheath. A flurry of slashes cutting into several bulkier demons, leaving gashes in them as they collapsed.

The duo continued to cut down the opposition, finding it to become more difficult as their numbers only increased. They ramped out their demonic output by a substantial amount, a fiery crimson aura surrounded the man in the red coat, and a cobalt blue aura surrounded the other as they got ready for another wave. "Think you can keep up Dante?"

"Come on Vergil, if I can beat you down, then I can surely keep up" The now named Devil hunter told his brother as the two smiled. Within second, the two were blitzing and blind siding the demons and Quanta-demons, leaving a trail of death in their wake.

Around midway through the battle, Dante's sword was replaced with a demonic bike of sorts. He drove through each demon, using the spears on the front to pierce through them. He jumped up towards some airborne demons as his bike split in half, with the tires becoming saw blades. He tore each one to shreds before it quickly changed to electrified nun chucks, performing a downwards windmill strike which sent and electric wave outwards when he hit the ground.

Vergil himself continued to use the Yamato for quick and precise strikes. They had surrounded him shortly after, big mistake on their end. The swordsman simply snapped his fingers as a cobalt spectral like demon appeared behind him, both back to back. "Show me your motivation"

The two dash at the opposition, with Vergil equipping his force edge, beginning to use more brute force in his attacks like his brother. While the spectral demon copied the same moves as its summoner with its own Yamato.

The number of the demons began dropping and rising at rapid rates. Some even chose to ignore the brothers as they began making their way towards the Qliphoth, with the intention of turning it into a source of energy for their own gain.

"That can't be good" Were Dante's words as he attempted to intercept, only to be stopped by a bunch of brutes, keeping him preoccupied. Although their worries were cut short as black arrows streaked from the sky, taking them down with ease.

"Jeez, I arrive for two seconds and things have already escalated this quickly" floating in the sky with a metallic silver bow, accompanied with a purple glow in his hands, was Nero Kaen himself.

"What took you so long kid?!" Dante asks as he dispatched the demons, Vergil had done the same as they both regrouped with the voidborne. Vergils doppelganger had disappeared as well.