Mates

The two Alphas had been busy of late, now they moved through a movie store stalking a man who worked there

The two Alphas had been busy of late, now they moved through a movie store stalking a man who worked there. The female Alpha was focused on her mission while the male stopped when he noticed a group of teenagers outside.

The female paused growling gently at the male to get his attention, and the two moved forward attacking the worker. The kill was silent with no screams to alert the teenager who was entering the store. The female turned to leave but the male lingered deciding to at least have some fun.

The female turned giving a wolfish version of an eye roll, before deciding to join her mate. The two began to terrorize the teen allowing him to see them before disappearing, knocking things over, and growling.

Finally, the male Alpha knocked down the shelves onto the boy, forcing him to lay still. At this point, the female was done with the game and turned to leave. But the male moved forward sniffing the boy and lifting his collar where he found claw marks.

"Wrong!" Was the only word that ran through the wolf's mind and he howled for his mate the two took off and crashed through the window. Instantly shifting back to their human forms before running away, neither of them noticed the security camera that was watching the parking lot.

_________________________________________________

Enola, Derek, and Scott knelt down above the video store watching what was going on below. Enola caught eyes with Embryos and she grinned at her brother who rolled his eyes.

Derek looked to Scott "Starting to get it?"

"Uh, I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why. I mean, this isn't standard practice, right? We don't go out in the middle of the night and murder everyone, do we?"

Both Enola and Derek shook their heads "No. We're predators. We don't have to be killers."

"Then why is he a killer?"

"That's what we're gonna find out."

With that they turned walking away, not noticing that the gravel on top of the building had been made to resemble the symbol of revenge.

Arriving back at the house Scott began to complain "You know, I have a life too."

Derek scoffed "No, you don't."

"Yes, I do! I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or..."

"Part of his pack."

"Whatever. I have homework to do. I have to go to a parent/teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry."

Enola sighed "And I feel for you but at some point in life your have to decide whats more important... Chemistry or your life."

Derek nodded in agreement "You have less than a week until the full moon. You don't kill with him, he will kill you."