Chapter Five: The Journey Ahead

The walk to the dock is far too short and at the same time far too long. The family's journey takes them through the streets of Misthaven and more people flock to see the family. Several of them bow in the presence of her parents, along with Regina, others wish farewells or simply wave before going about their daily chores. More familiar people come out to greet them. More of Simon and Whitney's friends rush up to them, Jay, and Carlos. Both were the sons of villains, Cruella De Vil and Jafar and neither was a parent of the year. When both parents were arrested for separate crimes and put in jail, the boys were still very young but were fortunately adopted into better families. Jay lived the good life with Aladdin, Jasmine and their son Aziz, the rulers of Agrabah, a kingdom to the far west of Misthaven, so far that it was mainly sand and very hot. Carlos had a loving mother and father with Tiana and Naveen, rulers of Maldonia. The royals also had a young daughter named Tia but were more than willing to welcome the boy into their family.

"Hey, Simon!" Jay shouts, jogging up to them.

"Hey Jay, hey Carlos," Simon says.

"We heard about what's happening, so we came to say goodbye," Carlos says.

"Man does news travel fast," Whitney mutters to herself.

He turns to talk to Emma.

"Good luck, Emma. Stay safe out there,"

"Thank you, Carlos," Emma says, smiling. The boys had been friends with the twins for years and she saw Jay and Carlos as little brothers too. "And I will, I promise."

"Ditto. The same from me," Jay shrugs.

"Seriously?" Simon groans. "You came all this way from Agrabah to say that?!"

"Okay, okay," Jay says. He turns to Simon's sister. "Emma, I hope your training goes well and you fulfill your destiny or whatever."

The Charming brother glares at his friend but decides that it's sufficient.

"Thank you, Jay. And I will do just that."

"Speaking of Agrabah, how did you get here so fast anyways?" Whitney asks, skeptical.

"How else? Magic carpet," Jay replies.

"Does your dad know you took it?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

Jay smirks and Whitney playfully swats him several times in annoyance.

"You are such an idiot! Your parents are going to kill you!" she shouts.

"Hey, hey, hey, ease up, will you?" Jay grunts.

"No, how many times are you going to steal it?"

"Until I get my own," the son of Jafar retorts smugly.

Whitney continues to scold her friend for being so foolish, but Emma continues along, laughing. The way Whitney and Jay flirted with each other was so obvious. Jay did things to tick off the "mother hen" of their group, just so she would pay attention to him. The two had yet to admit their feelings for one another, but it would come with time.

Meanwhile, the parade of people becomes much bigger; all seven dwarves, the ones who helped her mother all those years ago, come with their sons and bow before Emma, offering their services of protection on her journey. Snow steps in to thank them and saves her daughter from having to reject them. Prince Phillip, Princess Aurora, and their children Audrey and Phillip Jr appear and bid them farewell. Ariel, Prince Eric, and their daughter Melody, Pinocchio, and his son along with Geppetto, the colony of fairies including Tinkerbelle, brave warrior Mulan and her family and so many more. They all follow seem to follow the family.