Volume 2 Pleasure to Meet You

The whole family arrives to a fancy fucking venue that is located in a huge tower, it was quite literally the most avant garde place I've been to given were from New Mexico and there's no denying New York is extremely different. I'm used to being in the middle of the desert so this whole lush city environment thing is exciting as fuck, while admiring my surroundings our security guards guide us through the lobby to the elevators. All of us squeeze in with a few others, quickly we make it to our floor and are greeted by a room full of celebrities. My mom and dad gesture my sister and I to huddle in and once we do my dad tells us to have fun and network our asses off before grabbing my mom and making their way to the bar. My sister and I laugh and she tells me she's going to call her man and babysit our parents so they don't embarrass themselves tonight. I give her a loving smile and let her hand go as she makes her way to our mom. Turning around I look for a spot to hide myself for a bit while I try to muster up any courage I may have to introduce myself to any icon I see later.

I only made it a few steps before someone lightly grazed my hand, "Excuse me, could I buddy up with you tonight? I'll explain more in a moment but if not I'll piss off I promise." His dark eyes meet my (y/e/c) ones, he hesitantly opens his hand towards mine. It was Joseph Quinn.

For a moment he can see my face freeze making him blush slightly before I look down at his now sweaty palm.

"Hmm, sure but only because I find your accent both amusing and slightly sillier than mine", I say now smirking and gently placing my hand with his own. He looks relieved whilst stepping closer and slowly intertwined our fingers.

Looking up with my brows furrowed together he leans into my ear whispering, "By the way you look beautiful tonight (y/n)."

Parting away just enough so that he can look at my face, I look down since I'm slightly embarrassed, "Thanks Joseph, but uh.. I don't remember introducing myself though." I laughed looking down at our hands.

He must've seen the movie I was in or my segment on the show tonight, ripping me from my thoughts he says sarcastically, "Oh actually I could say the same but that's another conversation for later, right now you and I are going to bother that waiter for a filthy martini and make our way to that table over there how 'bout it?"

I follow his gaze to a couple sitting at a tall booth near the other side of the room and next to them is a waiter with a note pad. When I turn back to Joe he's smiling down at me, but before I continue following his lead I stop him in his tracks.

"Wait if you knew who I was already than you would know I'm not old enough for such a beverage," wiggling my brows and watching him click his tongue.

"You know you're old enough in the UK smart-ass. Have you heard of it, the United Kingdom, like the place I'm from-" Giggling I cut him off ignoring his excuse.

"Plus why were you in such a rush for a drinking buddy anyways? Are you hiding from someone Mr. Quinn, or do you prefer Joseph?" I say pulling him back towards me.

"Okay first of all I did know but I thought I'd offer anywayssss" he says in-between laughs. "But yes if you must ask now instead of when we're in the clear, I was hiding from Doja Cat and if I'm totally honest I was also looking for any opportunity I could to have a chat simply because I kinda fancy you."

Now he's the one who's nervously staring at our hands. Oh shit. "You've got a potty mouth don't you haha." Joseph whispers making me realize I said that out loud and that he definitely saw me curse like a pirate on the show earlier.

"I mean fuck- no I mean-", I stop myself and decide to just take the lead spinning us around. "Alright well I'm all yours tonight so take care of me and uh I guess you could say I sorta 'fancy' you to." Your making your way through the crowd, Joe clinging to you and heading towards the couple you faintly saw him point to earlier.

"NOW LOOK WHO FINALLY DECIDED TO JOIN US, JOSEPH MY LOVE!" I realize now that we're closer it was Jamie and his gorgeous partner. Campbell gives Joe a friendly peck on the cheek earning a giggle from Joseph.

"Ayeeee don't be so cheeky I actually have a date believe it or not!" he responds and looks over at me.

"Haha oh so I'm your date now I thought-" he put his hand to his chest acting hurt so I laugh and shift back to Jamie, "Hi! It's so nice to meet you I'm-"

Jamie cuts me off. "(y/F/L/n) darling I know! Your literally the most talented rookie I've ever watched on screen!" He brings me into a gentle hug and once pulling away he holds my shoulders, "I'll let you in on a secret dear, everyone in this room has had their eye on you so don't be so nervous, if anything the whole guest list is!"

Instantly relaxing we all started getting along and definitely became the loudest table there lol. Joseph would always give me a look that was begging for permission to share contact, which I accepted by leaning into his casual embrace every once in a while. The night flew by and I found myself wishing it would never end, exchanging contact info with the group we made our way to a balcony overlooking the city. While Jamie chased after the waiter to refill our glasses Joe and I leaned against the rails.

"You know I don't think I've seen Doja once tonight 'buddy'" I say, chuckling and looking into his eyes. He responded with a wheeze and found a spot for his hand in my hair, tucking a piece behind my ear.

"Okay maybe I fibbed a little bit but I swear it was only because I was nervous to talk to you." He grins, clearly cringing at himself slightly.

You fake gasped, "oh yeah? Well I'm glad you introduced yourself because I probably would've gone all chicken and just stared at you from a distance haha."

Now it began to sprinkle outside, you check the time and realize you have to go back to the hotel and have a shit ton of messages from your mom telling you they'll meet you there.

Quinn links your arms together and started to walk you inside, "Fuck, here let's find Jamie an-", you cut him off leaning his head down so your lips are aligned with his ear.

"Hey um it's kinda late and I have an early day tomorrow so can I ask you something before I have to go?" He had a shocked expression on his face but nodded, "I just want to know if you also want to meet again as badly as I do?"

My siren eyes looking into his now hooded ones, Joseph glances down at your lips before regaining contact, "I'd fucking love that.." he lifts your chin slightly bringing you in even closer to his face, "may I?" Smiling as a response you connect your lips with his, fiddling your fingers into his curls and gently releasing your grip to give him one last look.

"It's a plan then, and uhh I'll actually be your date this time" you giggle while letting go of his arm.

"Pft yes'm!" He cheekily smiles and waves you off, now inside you say your goodbyes to your new friends and thank the waiter who tolerated your group (generously tipping them).

Now at the hotel you clean up and cuddle with your sister who hums letting you know that she's acknowledged your presence. Just before drifting to sleep you check that your alarm is on but a message from Joe appears.

Clicking the notification you scoff at his shyness over text, "I just wanted to check in to see if you got to your hotel safety and thank you for tonight, that was the most fun I've had in a while genuinely! Sorry it's late so anyways goodnight 'buddy' :)"

You quickly respond, "I did thank you, and me too! Thanks for making my day even better, I'll see you soon. Goodnight Joseph <3"

With that you buried yourself into the shared comforter and started falling asleep for the first time without your meds, tonight was the first of many to come where you finally felt content.