XXX: Where All Miracles Begin.

PREFACE:

This will chapter will be... different. Maybe even a bit trippy...ish, considering I want to experiment with yet another perspective/writing style. It's a chapter that just focuses on exposition and canon-diverging lore. This chapter is entirely and thoroughly just a personal take on the past (non-canon) timeline of the game, and I've said multiple times that I'm not an expert when it comes to exploring the game's lore - so be aware that many, if not all of the materials written in this chapter are entirely original material, made out of personal speculation and unconfirmed theories in regards to the greater lore of the game.

And with that, the chapter begins from this point onward.

-PAGE BREAK-

The flow of time is convoluted, while space itself is shattered, broken. That would probably explain the reason why it could even sense its own awakening after what should be... centuries of slumber. Never mind that, its slumber was supposed to be eternal, considering the creature tasted the bright flash - followed by catastrophic storm that shook the earth itself, splitting the land, seas, and air when it was casted upon it. Truly, the might of an Archon... or at the very least, one that is directly related to the actual Archon, was something to behold - it was no wonder that the sisters share the same throne when they ascended to become the monarch of the fractured islands that was Inazuma.

It only showed that the creature, mighty and gargantuan as it was over the small mortals around it - was utterly powerless against her. Even its own power to bring forth entire landmasses from its very own scales, even with its immeasurable knowledge and enlightened mind that ultimately created new lifeforms both over and under the surface was no match for the pure and unreserved power of the Warlord that is also known as the one to rule over thunder and lightning.

The irony was, the creature knew well that it was marching its own people towards their own demise. The people of Watatsumi, bright and powerful as they were - was going against the very same being that claimed the seat of an Archon. But in the end, between going back on its word to provide security and welfare to its subjects as well as the decree and warning from the celestial agents after its act of retreat during the war for the Seven Seats - it had little choice in the matter.

Humans, so weak and vulnerable, yet so complex and infinitely fascinating. Even if its own knowledge trumps the small mortal creatures, even if its strength rivals that of a God, even if its control of arcane powers was synonymous to the stuff of myths and legends, the creature was still yet to understand the fickle creatures that are the human beings. Brittle as they were, they were also the ones to be able to not only receive the... 'gift' from the Heavens - but also utilize them with the potential of even ascending to become its resident. Morbid as it is.

There must be a reason why the sustainers of Heavenly Principles would be so interested in making these humankind their subjects, their... playthings. And whatever the reason may be, it was not for it to find out. Even a great being such as itself was given a harsh warning when it first toyed with the natives of the deep, Byakuyakoku as some would call it - or as the people of the more modern ages would refer to it, Enkanomiya. Dragon-kin, referred to as Vishaps were said to be the reason why the humans were so afraid of reclaiming or even exploring the depths. These creatures were said to be mightier than your typical human, but to those who held over power - they mattered little to the so-called keepers of the order.

Just as its life mattered little in the grand scheme of things.

However, perhaps it wouldn't have keep up its search for answers for long. For it could sense the presence of a pair of those little - yet riveting creatures. Its own slits of crimson red would then slowly have their field of vision focused on a pair of human beings - likely seeking audience with the creature in this unknown realm separated from reality. Twin seas of blood crimson found two pairs of eyes staring right back at it. It tasted their fear, their doubts, their apprehensions, and even some of the familiar tinge of anger and fury. The very same emotions that it used to revel on, to feed on and eventually fuel its own powers that bled through the continent. And yet, despite their very apparent unease - the pair still stared down the creature with their heads held high and their feet rooted to the ground.