1. an unexpected arrival

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

She didn't know anything, and that was certainly a problem. Actually, that was a lie. Information floated through her mind, memories and images of the world. She knew what sound waves made as they crashed against rocks, but not a single instance of where she could've heard it. Who would she have been with?

There was one thing that she remembered, though. Her name.

Nova.

What is going on? Where was she? How did she get here? Dozens of questions buzzed through her head. Nova tried not to think about how very much her situation sucked and instead, decided to focus closer on her surroundings.

It was dark and the air was cool, yet sweat stuck uncomfortably to her body. Each inhale of air made her throat sting. She seemed to be in some sort of elevator, heading upwards into the unknown. There was a loud screech of metal and Nova's hands automatically shot up to protect her ears.

Her options were few: cry, prepare to die, or do something useful.

As much as Nova desperately wanted to do nothing more than curl up and await her doom, she forced herself to get a grip. She pulled herself up, instantly sending a wave of nausea and dizziness throughout her body, and nearly threw her back to the floor. Expected, since she had been unconscious for who knows how long without food or water.

She walked the small length of the box, checking to see if there was anything she'd missed from sitting down, a tool or weapon to help her.

Nothing.

Reality finally seemed to crash in. Nova wasn't sure what she expected, but it still hurt to know that there was nothing she could do or prepare for. She had no idea where she was going, what she had left behind, or who she was.

Nova slid down the wall so that she was in a sitting position once again. What lay ahead of her? She was left only to the most horrifying scenarios her imagination could make up.

Nova noticed everything in the long minutes that followed: the thirst, the sickness, the pounding headache, the strange feeling of loss and the loneliness. She just wanted something to happen, she couldn't bear the constant groaning of metal. Even though Nova couldn't remember her past, she missed it. Surely it was better than whatever was about to happen to her? But she couldn't do anything other than wait.

Maybe she would die there, right then, with no one ever knowing what happened to her. Not that she could remember anyone who would care that she died.

When it seemed the eternal hell of Nova's situation was at an absolute low, the elevator came to a grinding halt. She decided not to stand up, let them come to her.

Light creeped in from above as the doors slowly creaked open. The girl shut her eyes and took a deep breath in an attempt to ease her nerves before opening them again. Show time.