𝟎𝟎𝟏

𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘦

𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘦.

hermione granger is the one girl i would have never expected to help me when i dropped my books on the way to class. bloody parvati patil tripped me as she walked past with her annoying best friend, lavender brown, their loud snorts could be heard from the outskirts of the forbidden forest. "are you okay?" the tawny brunette girl asked, scowling at her fellow gryffindors as they stood there and laughed, "yes, i'm fine" i wasn't, i wanted to punch their noses in, "are you sure?" i turned away from hermione with my ears becoming red from embarrassment.

"yes, thank you, granger" i went to turn the corner as a clatter of noisy shoes ran up to me, "we have history of magic together, do you mind if i walk with you?" did hermione granger just ask to walk me to class? "not at all" i reply. "perfect, you're name is mavis, correct? mavis nott?" she was making small talk, god i hate small talk. "yea, that's me" i pulled on a smile, "i'm hermione gra-" "i know who you are" i interrupt her with a chuckle.

we walked to class in silence, although my brain was nothing like it, it was wondering why granger was being nice to me and why she would walk me to class. as we entered the old wooden door, both of our friend groups looked towards us with confusion on why we were walking together, "bye" hermione smiled before walking over to ron and harry, "see ya" i murmured. i sat down at the desk next to mattheo and unpacked my books, "oi, nott, what was that?" draco asked, leaning over his stack of books to talk to me, "what do you mean?" i respond, "he means, what were you doing walking with granger?" pansy answered for him.

"oh, uhm, i don't know, she just offered to walk with me" i didn't want to tell them that parvati tripped me, they wouldn't like that, "god they're gross" blaise gagged, making me look in the direction he had faced, ron kissing hermione on the cheek came onto my view, blaise was right, it is gross. i don't get why couples do that, be all lovey dovey in class, me and ariah don't do that, we think it's weird. ariah james, my girlfriend of five months, after the holidays went by, i hadn't seen her as much, she was usually always busy with family matters of her own. speaking of ariah, i noticed she was absent, she never is.

after a few minutes later, ariah and astoria greengrass walked in, together. their hair was messy and their ties were undone, i looked at them with curiousness, why would they be together? and why would ariah be talking to astoria? i chose to believe that they just both ran here because they were late, and not because an unreasonable example of why they could be late.

ariah stepped past my seat, giving me the opportunity to speak to her, "hey ariah" i smile causing her to snap her head towards me, "oh, hi" she sounded uninterested, "how was your summer?" i asked, attempting to make conversation before professor binns showed up, "like it's any of your business" ariah glared, walking over to the seat next to astoria. "what the fuck?" i heard mattheo say in confusion, "i don't know" i mumble, looking down.