𝟎𝟎𝟒

𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲

𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲

i fiddle with my fingers as mavis and i walk out to the entrance hall. "i would have never taken you as a person that goes to parties" mavis said, breaking the silence, "my friends dragged me there" mavis raised her eyebrow in curiosity, "right" she mumbled, bowing her head, her eyes scanning the ground as she walked. "how come you're still dating weasley?" my eyes dart to her face, seeing her staring at my face, "w-what?" i stumble over my own words, not expecting her sudden question, "i mean, i see how he treats you; he acts so possessive of you, like you're supposed to love him even though he treats you like a piece of shit.. which you aren't!"

"it's nice to see that someone notices, but i do, love him. it might not seem like it, but i do" i explain. "hey, i've been meaning to ask, what happened between you and greengrass?" mavis seemed shocked by my sudden question, "uhm, we dated at the end of last year, i guess i just lost feelings for her, i don't think she ever stopped liking me though" she shrugged, "what's makes you think that?" i ask out of general curiosity, "she won't leave me alone, she somehow always turns my girlfriends against me" mavis' eyes flicking to mine as we walk down a different corridor.

"so, tell me, miss granger, if you could go anywhere in the world, where, with who and why?" i smile at the thought of the question. "what a strange question" i state, a subtle laugh in between my words, "tells me what i need to know about a person" her shoe kicked an imaginary rock, her hands dug in her deep pockets. "i would go to australia, with my mother, mainly because she always wanted to go there and the warm weather is a plus" i see her sit at the bottom of the astronomy tower staircase, gesturing me to sit down with her, "what about you?", "croatia, my mother grew up there, me and my brother would love to see it" my eyes narrow, "wouldn't your mother like to see her home country again?" i questioned, "my mother died when i was ten" mavis confessed in a small voice.

"i'm so sorry, i shouldn't have brought it up" i stumble over my words, "it's alright, you didn't know," mavis stayed silent for a moment, before grinning slightly, "she was pretty, my mother. i understand why my father married her, she was kind, loyal, mischievous. they were so good for each other, my parents were." "what happened to her?" my intrusive thoughts won against my smart ones, "she was killed by a death eater" she was lying, the way how her gaze flicked to the walls beside her and the way how her eyes widened as she spoke gave it away. i didn't say anything though, i have a feeling we wouldn't be friends anymore if i said anything.

"what are we?" the words slipped out of my mouth before i could stop them, "what?" her eyes widened quickly after i spoke, "i mean, are we friends? are we classmates? what are we?" mavis' gaze softened slight, "personally, i would enjoy being friends" mavis said, scratching the back of her neck, looking at me, searching my person for something, "i would like that" i respond, a loud grin spreading across my cheeks.

"hermione!" our heads whipped behind us, the calling of my name catching our attention, "we're going back to the party, come on" ron's hand went to go grab mine, but i pull away before he could reach, "no thank you, ronald, i think i might go back up to the common room" i reply gently, "well then, i guess i'll just go back to the party alone" ron spoke with poison in his tone, his eyes flickering over to mavis. "what are you staring at, dyke?" mavis' face went sour, "the fuck did you just call me?" she took a step forward, looking at ron with fury in her eyes, "you heard me, stay the hell away from my girlfriend, you fag" mavis jaw clenched as she raised her fist in the air, "oh, you fucking cunt" she lunged at him, close to punching him in the nose.

"mav, stop, go back to your common room" i latched my hands around her arms, pulling her away from ron, narrowly avoiding a fight. "fine, but," she turned back towards ron, sticking her finger up into his face, "if you call me or anyone else that type of bullshit again, i will not hesitate to punch your fucking nose in" ron laughed slightly, "i guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".

mavis froze, "excuse me?" "well, my mum always said that the abused will always become the abuser," my eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "then your mother is a lying piece of shit" mavis spat. "is she though? look at barty crouch jr, evan rosier... you-know-who" what did he mean? "ron, just go back to the party.. please" i interrupt, "listen to your girl, weasley" mavis said before starting her journey down to the dungeons.

a set of laughs came from beside me, i turn my head to see ron almost on the floor, drowning in laughter. "you're horrid sometimes, ronald" i whisper lowly, making my way to the gryffindor common room. i thought back to mavis, she almost left in tears because of what ron said. i processed his words 'the abused will always become the abuser' 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree'.

"oh, merlin" i say out loud, she was being abused, "how could i be so stupid?" i ask myself, whacking myself in the head.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘦 ↳ hermione granger 🎉