𝟎𝟎𝟐

𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬

𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬.

i have no clue why, but being in the hallways instead of going to dinner just seemed right. the noise of my footsteps consumed the silence of the corridors, making them feel a whole lot louder then they usually are. i allow my feet to carry me to the hallway with classrooms on each side. as i walk closer to one of the classrooms, i could hear a whimper and multiple sobs come from a chamber a few doors down, i couldn't help but be curious and step towards the sounds.

placing my hand against the wall and leaning towards the entrance of the short hall, giving me the perfect view of a girl curled in a ball against the wall, her hands running up and down her legs for some sort of comfort as a pool was formed by her tears. i quickly walked over to her, grabbing onto her arm gently, she flinches at my action, pulling her face out of the safety of her arms. i recognized her eyes, the bottle green eyes that i stared into hours ago, now filled with the salty water that we call tears.

"oh, merlin, what happened, mavis?" i ask, kneeling down in front of her, as she wiped off her dampened cheeks. "nothing, i'm fine" mavis mumbled, refusing to make eye contact, "do you think i'm that clueless?" i say with a small chuckle at the end, "yes, i mean, no! fucking hell" mavis stuttered, i could tell she hated stuttering by the way hit her knee. i stared at her sorrowful figure, "here" i wrapped my arms around her, trying my best to display comfort, she placed her arms around my shoulders, crying into the cape of my neck.

we sat there for a while in silence, my fingers went to play with her hair, "are you ready to talk now?" i whisper into her ear, i felt her gulp against my shoulder, "it's stupid" she tried to convince me, moving away from my touch "nothing is stupid if it makes you cry" mavis wipes away a stray tear, "well, if you really must know, my girlfriend, sorta, cheated on me with my ex" she explained, my eyes soften, "oh, dear" i say gently, why would anyone do that to her? "wait.. you don't care that i like girls?" i furrow my eyebrows, she likes girls? "no, of course not, you're still you" i say without thinking, i didn't even process the fact that she told me about her girlfriend, well, ex girlfriend.

"wait, who was your girlfriend?" i ask with curiosity, not remembering any girl in our year being attracted to other girls, "uhm, ariah, ariah james" mavis informed me, ariah!? i remember hearing her say that she would rather die than date a girl. "i never thought that she would date a girl" i blurt out, "that's what i thought too, well, before she asked me out" mavis chuckled, she looked down at her watch, "i think we should go back to our common rooms, dinner will be over soon" she stood up, dusting off her slytherin robes. "you're right" i didn't want to go, i liked talking to mavis, i found it comforting, if that made sense, voices and loud footsteps could be heard from everywhere in the hallway, "bye, mione" mavis waved, i blushed at her nickname "bye, mavis" i reply, smiling widely, i watched her robes dash behind her as she disappeared around the corner.

i met ron and harry up at the gryffindor common room. ron looked at me with suspiciousness, "where were you?" ron asked, wondering why i wasn't at dinner, "i was with mavis, mavis nott" ron started laughing at my statement, "what's so funny?" i asked, an eyebrow raised, "you were with that fag?" ron turned red with laughter, harry looked at him with disgust, "what the hell, ronald?" i say loudly, catching the attention of lavender and her friends. "what?" his voice cracked in confusion, "you can't call her that! anyone that at this matter!" ron cringed and harry walked up to his dorm out of utter annoyance, "that's what she is, right?" my nostrils flared as i stormed up the steps to my dorm.

freda looked up from her book as i slammed the door as i walked in, evangelina chuckled while she walked through the bathroom door, "who put a wand up your ass?" she spoke with a grin as she plopped on her four-post bed, "i hate ronald so much" i said, face-planting on my bed. "looks like you finally came to your senses" jules giggled, liking that she was finally able to talk badly about her twin brother, "what did he do this time?" freda asked, her eyes scanning the page as she listened to me. "he called mavis nott the f word" i sighed, turning onto my bed, "fuck or the other word for cigarette?" evangelina asked, staring at me from her bed, "the second one" i admit, "oh shit" jules murmured, "wait until theo finds out about that one" evangelina laughed loudly.

a/n: sorry for the long wait, only a short chapter today.