Lessons

"Morning bozz ," I said extended my sentence as I entered the firehouse. Today I was in a terrifyingly good mood. Capp and Cruz sat at a small round table playing cards while Ritter made breakfast and Gallo played around with some sort of bike compartment.
"Hey you want some eggs I got plenty going," Ritter informed me wafting around his spatula. Seemed he had made a little bit of a mess I noticed this as walked behind the kitchen counter. Somebody seriously needs to teach this guy how to crack an egg.
"Nah I'm alright I got some on the way here,"
I was about to enter the locker room but I felt several cold looks gawking at my back.
"What?" I said innocently as I turned round to face the guys.
"Nothing." Gallo said amusement place upon his face.
" He must be one hell of a man to miss out on Ritters eggs," Capp yelled as I was half way to my locker.O oh the boys Knew but they didn't know who.Cruz kicked him under the table.
"What'd I say ," he asked confused.
"Actually he is and he makes a mean scrambled egg." I shouted.
"Ooooooo," the boys laughed in a girly voice.
•••
"Chief you wanted to see me,"
" Ah yes I had a call about the rescue and delivery you performed last night. Chief Radar was incredibly impressed and has taken a personal interest in your application for squad."
•••
I couldn't quite believe it this was the best possible news I'd heard in ages. It proves that the effort I was putting in wasn't going unnoticed. If big shots like Radar we're taking an interest it showed that girls like Kylie  if they worked hard enough then they could really achieve something.
•••
Since I was a young girl all had dreamed about was making my dad proud by following in his footsteps. He was one of Chicago's most decorated firefighters. He and Chief Boden had worked together for many year over at fire house 45. Unlike chief however my father wasn't so lucky and experienced a career ending injure. He left as a full decorated Chief with his full pension meaning that he could finally by that boat he'd been saving for. The last 3 years he's spent sailing around on his beloved boat Malteaser named after my child family dog.

Me and Kelly also did a lot of sailing and spent many a time on fishing trips not that he was any good at catching them.

"Hey you got a minute?" Stella asked a worried look spread across her face. This didn't seem good what had happened now? I wondered.
" are you okay?"
"Yeah it's just have you notice how much time Kelly's been spending with Cigar at the moment." O oh this wasn't good. It was pretty obvious to anyone but Kelly that Cigar was completely infatuated with him. While Stella had been gone he was constantly running around with her doing his fire cop thing.
"Honestly you have nothing to worry about it seem Kelly's the only one who doesn't know the girls in love with him believe me he's only got eyes for you."
This seemed to calm her down as she relax her back against the locker.
"Right okay yeah nothing to worry about." She whispered trying to reassure herself.
Then Violet entered the locker from with Brett.
"Hey is it just me or is Gallo acting a little weird recently I thought that things between us were all good but every time I look at him he give me this half smile constipated guy." Gallo himself was sitting outside of the locker room playing card when we all took a glimpse and he gave Violet the exact look she'd been describing.
"That's weird right?"
"Yeah no it's definitely not you," Brett added.
He was a love sick puppy who didn't know he was a love sick puppy it was adorable to watch.
"Have you guys seem the par chief he is absolutely gorgeous." Violet told us leaving out no detail.
"Eh no he's an ass" Brett told us. Contradicting opinion. One had met the face the other the personality. Guessing that they didn't match very well.
Then I got a text.
Detective Mucles
Meet me South Island 6 xx