clxxi. love songs on the radio

Description:~ (MODERN) In which Hange and (Name) are preparing for their upcoming anniversary

Description:
~ (MODERN) In which Hange and (Name) are preparing for their upcoming anniversary.

I placed myself on the couch beside Hange, putting the bowl of popcorn between us. Hange dug into it without looking, grabbing onto a couple pieces before scooping it in their mouth. They had been completely absorbed in the movie playing on the television that they hadn't even realized they knocked a couple pieces onto the couch.

"Hange," I chuckle quietly. "You're making a huge mess, don't you see?" Hange glanced down to the couch for a second.

"Shit, I'm sorry babe." They nod, picking up the pieces and throwing them back into the bowl.

"Hange," I laugh, rolling my head back as I roll my eyes. "God, you're crazy."

"I'm not!" They chuckle. "Just a bit lazy is all."

"Definitely." I stifled a small laugh before taking a couple pieces of popcorn and popping them in my mouth. I had already forgotten the movie Hange chose out, but it looked interesting. It was obviously a horror movie, which surprised me seeing that Hange really liked science fiction.

"What's this one about?" I question quietly. "I kinda missed the first couple of scenes. Those are usually the most important."

"They're going to this really remote group of people." Hange nods. "I mean, nothings really wrong yet, but those people are just giving off really weird vibes, so I think something bad is going to happen to them when they get there."

"Gotcha!" I nod, squinting my eyes as I at least tried to focus on everything happening in the movie. Whenever I missed important bits at the beginning, I usually just zoned out and tried to make sense of what little I knew. Too bad I actually wanted to understand what was happening in this one; Hange usually liked talking about the movies we watched after seeing them.

"I was thinking," Hange starts, their head tilting to the side as they got a look at me. "About trying that new restaurant down the road, y'know, the really nice one they just finished building?"

"Oh yeah?" I question, nodding slowly. "Why's that?"

"I just think it'd be nice for our anniversary." Hange shrugs. "It looks pretty fancy and I've heard good things about it."

I pursed my lips, my eyes attaching to the Tv as I took in this information. It hadn't occurred to me until now that our anniversary had been a month away. It would have been helpful if I made myself a reminder or something because I usually went all out when it came to Hange.

Last year, I had gotten them so many gifts that it had totaled in about half a thousand dollars. Hange had insisted that I got too much, we laughed it off, and then I forgot about it all. It would have been nice if I was able to plan half a year in advance, as I usually took our anniversary very seriously. I didn't understand how it could have slipped me up this easy.