||four

"I had a fight with a couple of my friends from home, so I ran away, but then I fainted and woke up here." I sighed, recalling the events of the previous night.

"Why did you fight?" His face showed curiosity. I debated how much to tell him, but something about this man made me want to share all my deepest, darkest secrets.

"Well me and my friend Jimmy, the one with the lobster hands, have been fighting for a few days since he told me he loves me but I didn't accept." I groaned, realizing how petty that situation is in comparison to the events of last night.

"Why not?" Dandy almost looked slightly annoyed.

"He's been my best friend my whole life, I saw him as a brother, I can't see him as anything other than my best friend or brother." I sighed.

"Oh." Was all Dandy said. "Why did you only decide to run away last night?" I pondered my response.

"Well, I just got sick of him ignoring me, of everyone giving me funny looks, I couldn't deal with it anymore." He nodded, content with my answer which was only half of the reason.

"Well, you can stay here as long as you want. I can buy you anything you need." I smiled and patted his hand.

"Thank you, it means a lot." He smiled back and held my hand in his. Somehow this gesture seemed friendly, even though I would usually bat anyone's hand away that held mine since I usually hate physical affection, but with Dandy, it felt different, it was comforting, kind and filled me with a warmth that I couldn't describe.

"I think you're very beautiful," Dandy announced out of nowhere.

"That was a random confession." I laughed as he gave me a weird look.

"I just felt like I should tell you." He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world, and this caused me to laugh more.

"Well thank you then, I think you are very handsome." I gave him a big smile and he joined my laughter.

We talked about random topics for some time. I learnt of his love of theatre and how he relates to us freaks since he feels like he doesn't fit in with everyone else.

"Maybe I could join your freakshow," Dandy suggested, to which I smiled.

"You could perform some of your theatre stuff." I suggested carrying on a friendly conversation when all of a sudden Dandy leapt up off the bed.

"Come with me to my playroom, I have a brilliant idea." I looked at him with confusion and curiosity. I followed him to a room down the hall which was filled with stuffed animals, and random other toys. There was a croquet set in the middle of the room and a stage at the end.

"We should make a performance of our own. We can do a fun act for each other." He pointed to the stage and pulled me to it by my hand. "You can sing as you did at the show that night." He smiled fondly at the memory, causing me to blush.

"Sure, only if you show me one of your plays." I bargained to which he nodded eagerly.

"I would love to!" I smiled at the boy before standing on the stage.

"Not even they can stop me now. Boy, I'll be flying overhead. Their heavy words can't bring me down. Boy, I've been raised from the dead. No one even knows how hard life was, I don't even think about it now because I've finally found you. Oh, sing it to me Now my life is sweet like cinnamon Like a fucking dream I'm living in. Baby love me cause I'm playing on the radio. Pick me up and take me like a vitamin 'Cause my body's sweet like sugar venom oh yeah. Oh, sing it to me" I sang a portion of a song that had been stuck in my head for ages and watched as Dandy looked at me with admiration, painting his features.