J IS FOR JOLENE

A SMILE SOFT LIKE SUMMER RAIN, A VOICE JUST LIKE A BREATH OF SPRING, NOBODY CAN COMPETE WITH YOU, JOLENE

THE MOVIES ALWAYS TELL YOU YOUR PARENTS WILL LOVE AND PROTECT YOU...

They never tell you what happens until then.

Jolene Murphy was the eldest daughter of the of the family, and boy, she did not hear the end of it.

Her mother had her at 20 years old, and it was safe to say she was a surprise.

No, scratch that; she was a mistake.

She spent thirteen years trying to convince her parents that she wasn't one,

But you can't really disprove the truth.

It gets tiring. And with every child that followed after her, she slipped more and more into the lonely silence that came with it.

She never faulted her siblings, though. In fact, she adored them. She was extremely close to Kevin, who would never make her feel left out.

After Bill was born, she could not take her eyes off him. He was such a beautiful baby, and an even cuter toddler.

She didn't get to know Maureen much, as she left when the girl was only four.

Speaking of leaving...

There's a time in a girls life where she wants to be independent. Whether it's traveling the world, or just going to the neighborhood park with a couple of good friends.

Usually that's a thing that's more prominent in the years of puberty.

Jolene wanted to do that since before she could coherently speak a full sentence.

She hated her life. And no, it wasn't in an over dramatic "oh my god I hate my parents, they didn't let me go to Sarah's house!" Kind of way. It was more of a "my parents don't love me, I'm not good enough, why don't I just leave?" Thing.

Jolene thought it was her. The way she looked didn't help, either.

She was very overweight as a child, and that made her feel less than. She couldn't help but feel like her father was ashamed of her.

She could remember a specific take-your-kid-to-work day, where Frank would barely pay any mind to her. She got dirty looks from some of the crew members, and she could hear them say really bad things about her body.

She also dyed her hair, just to be closer to her father. She was naturally, much like her Grandfather William, a red head, but she would dye her hair brown and she would wear fake glasses, just hoping her father would like something about her.

It didn't work.

She did however have an amazing bond with her grandfather, which ended up working in her favor.

She begged her grandfather to pay for boarding school. It was a big private school in France. Far away, and hell, a new scene. However, with big experiences, come big bucks that pay for it.

She begged, and pleaded, and luckily, he was on board from the beginning. Whether it was to spite her father, or just because he loved her more than anything, it didn't matter.

Jolene's parents were not as swayed.

That problem was soon rectified, as Sue Murphy decided that it would be good for her daughter, to get out there.

Jolene just went along with it.

So she left. At 12, she packed her bags and left. Not before saying a tear filled goodbye to her brothers, who didn't quite grasp the situation. Then again, Jolene didn't really tell them why she was leaving.

She flourished. That was the most moderate verb for it. She never visited her family, and it made her realize how good of a person she was without them.

Mainly her father.

She did extremely well in school, and she earned her masters degree at eighteen. After that, she was free to roam wherever...

But her heart longed for something.

It was a moment of chance, made completely by the motivation of a new life. As soon as she could, she booked a ticket to Pennsylvania.. A.K.A....

Her hometown..

Oh, this should be good.

Warnings!
Familial issues
Disordered eating
Sexual themes
Mental abuse
Depression
Self harm

Disclaimer!
I do not own F IS FOR FAMILY, I only own Jolene, and her storyline with the characters. Also, do not use my story for your material. Trust me, it's not that good.

Vote, follow, comment <3