- A IS FOR ACTUALLY COMING BACK -

— CHAPTER 1: A IS FOR ACTUALLY COMING BACK —

"If I could go back... I wouldn't. It was as simple as that, truly, and indefinitely."

~1st person~

|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|

"IS THAT ALL YOU WANT TODAY, MA'AM?" The Barista asked me as she wrote down my order.

"Yeah, that's it." I confirmed. The barista nodded. She then looked back up to face me with a kind smile, however it was weary, and inarguably tired.

"Can I get a name for that?" She asked politely.

I paused for a moment..

"...Jolene." I responded, still hesitant. The Barista only thanked me, and then left to make the drink. I let go of a sigh I didn't know I was holding.

With much relief, I sat down on one of the lounge chairs in the cafe, or more so the corner of an airport that sold coffee. It was plush, as well as a beautiful, yet dull, suede green. As I sunk into my new seating arrangement, I got to thinking.

I had just flown from France, all the way from Pennsylvania. I left the beautiful, cultured, free-spirited, adventurous life that I've grown to love and know solely for seven years,

...to go to Pennsylvania.

It wasn't for any lack of reason, though. Trust me when I tell you, there was no way I would've gone for no reason. Nooo way.

I had gotten in touch with one of my old neighbors. I told him I was looking to... help a friend move. Surprisingly, and much to my fortune,  He said he knew a place. One that would help me keep a low profile, but perfectly fit for me.... Or, her in this case. A three bedroom, two bathroom home, that just happened to be in the suburbs.

Anyways, What he didn't tell me, however, was that this house was in Pennsylvania.

A.K.A. A barren, deserted state that you wouldn't even go through on a country wide road trip.

It's like Ohio. Or.. Delaware.

But... he said it was cheap for its size. Although I hadn't seen the house yet, I was already excited to move in.

Mostly, I was just excited to start my life. I had just finished college, early at that as well. I was nineteen, with absolutely nothing to do. No friends, no (immediate) biological family, no romance, as my life before this was consumed by the evil creature known as studying.

Well... I must be truthful. I did have... one hobby, so not all of it. Actually, it was definitely a Career.

Back in France, I had become sort of... a celebrity, and I was very renowned, but that's a tale for a different time. Also, I'm way too jet lagged to even start on that story, so it wouldn't be fair to not give you all the details.

No, you See, I grew up in Pennsylvania. With my mom, Sue, my dad, Frank, my two brothers, Kevin and Bill, and my little sister, Maureen.

I lived like that for exactly twelve years, on the dot. Yes, I counted.

In that time, you come to realize that your surroundings might prove to be...