-GRUMBLE IN THE CABINET-

— CHAPTER 3: GRUMBLE IN THE CABINET—
.
.
"I DIDN'T KNOW THIS HOUSE CAME WITH A PET.."
.
.
.
"WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

~3rd person~

|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|

JOLENE SCREAMED AT THE ANIMAL. The animal only looked at her, tilting its' head. It squeaked as it saw Jolene running towards the far end of the kitchen counter.

Jolene couldn't see that the fox was very much unbothered, as it inspected her. Jolene was too busy panicking.

How do these things even happen? How, for the FIRST time that Jolene finally lived alone, it turns out... OF COURSE SHE DIDN'T! There just had to be a wild animal, that may or may not have had rabies. A rat, she could've dealt with. A cat, of course! But a FOX?!

Jolene had never been scared of big animals. It was always the small one, they yapped the most, growled the most... Bit the most...

"Oh my god, please don't bite me!!" She said, almost begging, scared shitless. She started whining. "I'M TOO YOUNG TO TURN INTO A WERE...FOX!!!" She pleaded. The fox only looked at her, and whimpered, as if it was scared of her yelling like that. Jolene stayed where she was, unsure if the fox was using manipulation tactics to take her head off when she least expected it.

It then started walking up to her.

It's footsteps had a purpose, but there seemed to be no sign of aggression.

However, it wasn't like Jolene thought. Not at all like a predator stalking it's prey... It was like a kind and naive pup, curious and cautious of the new inhabitant of the home.

Jolene couldn't exactly blame it. She too, would've been just as concerned to find out that someone moved into her house, as she was still living in it.

Well, I guess that was happening right now.

Jolene quickly took her hands from her face as she saw how little harm the tiny fox meant. It only studied her, with wide eyes, which Jolene now noticed, was one blue, one green. They were encapsulating.

She continued to look at the creature, who was actually quite... cute.

As she looked at it, Jolene realized that this fox reminded her a lot of an animal she once loved. They had the same, beautiful eyes,
And gorgeous color.

The naivety, the calmness, tranquility, if you will. It eased the anxiety Jolene was feeling, but it didn't remove it.

The fox stopped walking as it reached the end of the counter. It was then when it sat down, so it was face to face to Jolene. Second after second, the fox got closer and closer to her nose. Jolene scrunched her face in anxiety as to what was yet to come. She didn't know why she let it get so close, but she was once again too petrified to move.

"Oh... please don't-" she could only beg. This was it. This was the day that her face became more disfigured than she thought it was already. This is going to be the day that she becomes a husk of her former self, and has no choice but to stay inside her house forev-

Suddenly, the fox started to lick her face.

It's tongue was rough, but being licked by a fox is definitely better than the more violent alternative.