{Il Dottore}

~The Doctor~

Warnings: Stalking, obsession, human experimentation (only briefly mentioned) kidnapping, theft

Everyone knew of Dottore's "hobbies" so to speak, but not everybody knew how far he was willing to go to fulfill his "urges".

You first met the doctor in Sumeru Academia, you entered at the same time - he focused on biology, chemistry and other experiments you focused on poetry, literature and theatre, hoping to someday be renowned as one of the most eloquent writers to have ever blessed the wide plains of Teyvat. He often called you over dramatic and obnoxious but that was something he grew to love and appreciate over time.

Even though your studies were extremely different you both excelled in your respective fields, but due to the nature of Dottore's work the Fatui contacted him and wished to use his skillset, while he was usually nicer towards you to others he was cold and ruthless, he saw the offer as the perfect opportunity to expand his studies and to a more extreme degree. Of course you argued with him over saying it wasn't worth selling your humanity to be some "puppet" to a greater cause that won't even remember his name.

He didn't see nor agree with your point of view claiming, which to be fair was true, that you have to experience in his field of work so you have no idea what this means for him. While you agreed for the most part, it was the fact it was the fatui known for being cold hearted and unforgiving, that was offering this job, if it were some laboratory in Fontaine than you would have pushed him to take the offer, but this, this was entirely different.

Ignoring all of your concerns and opinions he jumped at the proposition and joined forces with them, leaving you here, your only friend, gone to somewhere you can't reach, nor would you ever wish to.

You finished your studies after doing extremely well and went onto Fontaine were you became a poetry and theatre critic and a popular novelist. Your career was going exactly to plan, you decided to go to Sumeru and get a change of scenery to help inspire you on your new book.

For the most part your trip was a resounding success and not only did you gain inspiration and was working like clockwork, you also gave a presentation at the Academia in literature and fine arts. You had only a couple days left so you decided to venture out into the infamous desert to try and recount your findings and experience and interview adventurers who professionally explored to area to give more realism into your work.

You've spent a total of 2 days and 3 nights in the desert, planning to pack up and leave the next morning, until you have an ill-fated reunion with a friend of yours...

Dottore

Whilst he was in the fatui not only did he flourish as he hoped in his studies and experiments, he climbed the hierarchy ladder to become a powerful and influential Harbinger, taking segments of himself and creating clones. He named the one that was based on the Academia him "the segment in the prime of his life", he thought it was befitting as you were what let him reach his prime.

Over time his love, no, thats too tame of a word, obsession with you expanded into something that was far beyond healthy. Not only did he zealously read and track your works but he also had spies in the company you worked under to inform him of anything and everything.

So when he heard you were going back to Sumeru, he jumped at the offer of one of the Harbingers going there to collect the Dendro Archon's Gnosis, his side mission being to find you, and well...we'll see what he has in mind later on...

He was patrolling the desert with a few underlings to collect samples of rare plants and relics when he stumbled upon a camp site in the middle of the night, it was common for adventurers to explore the desert for glory so he almost went back the way he came to not alert anyone of his presence, but the second he heard your beautiful, distinct voice, he stopped in his tracks.

He immediately ordered everyone to return back the base and wait for him, telling them he may not be back for a while but in time for the mission. He stayed outside your campsite, observing your shadow through the thin fabric illuminated by what was most likely a lantern inside. Eventually your shadow disappeared as the latern was turned off, indicating your intent to sleep.

He waited about 3-4 hrs to make sure you were definitely asleep, he stealthy approached your site, not knowing how many people accompanied you and if they were awake or not, luckily everyone was asleep. A bag of stuff was set beside your tent, a book haphazardly thrown atop it, her read the cover and immediately recognised it as on of your own works. One of his favourites to be exact, not to say any of your books are bad, they're all perfect in his eyes but this one was especially his favourite, why? Because it was based on your life and included tidbits of himself showing that you haven't forgotten about him, and maybe you still held feelings?

He felt all giddy inside and snatched the book and stuffed it in his coat, deciding to go through your bag he found an assortment of items, a water flask, a notepad, water colour paper with gorgeous illustrations on it that he only assumed that such perfection could only be achieved by your hands alone. He ripped some of his favourite pieces out and gently folded them up and tucked them in his coat inside the book to make sure they're not damaged, nothing else of note was in the bag so he chose to make a very risky move. He knew how much of a heavy sleeper you were in school and took advantage of that, sliding into your tent without a sound, he approached your sleeping figure. You had grown more beautiful than he ever could've imagined, it almost makes him regret joining to fatui because he couldn't spend his days with you.

Almost

Once he was done perusing and admiring your sleeping figure he decided then and there to send some agents out and retrieve you, and they were to make sure not a hair was out of place or else he found some new "study things" how they were going to achieve this? Don't ask him.

With haste he made his way to base, guessing it was around 4am. He went up to a group of their most stealthy agents and instructed them to bring you here, not wanting to question a Harbinger they followed through although slightly confused on his request.

About an hour later as he waited impatiently the group cam back, you delicately in their arms, sleeping peacefully, he could only assume they drugged you - or you really were a heavy sleeper.

But now that he finally had you in his grasp everything was perfect, his studies with the fatui, his most precious back in his possession he couldn't be happier.
.
.
I am on a grind i think this is the most I've written like...ever

Also I think my writing and English skills have improved but idrk anyway I'm so glad mihoyo have dottore a glow up cause damn he fineeee now 💅

Its 3am and I have not proofread so there are gonna be mistakes that I'll fix maybe later

Tschüss ✨
-Lunae
{1286 words}