{Arlecchino}

~The Knave~

Warnings: children, suggestive ending (
͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

The 7th fatui harbinger, the knave was know to be cold and ruthless, befitting someone of her position. Many people tend to be quite shocked when they hear that she runs the orphanage called the house of the hearth  for children to later be indoctrinated into the ranks of the fatui.

They're either dubbed 'Snezhevich' or 'Snezhevna' meaning son/daughter of snow.

(Vna=female
Vich= male)

As they have no parents to inherit the patriotic name sake. **

Even though her exterior gives an unapproachable aura she holds her work and the children in high regard. But the children isn't the only thing she holds dear.

You first met Arlecchino when you joined to fatui, working as a teacher to the children at the house of the hearth, why not fulfill your dream of teaching but also join your nations pride organisation?

The pay and benefits we're good aswell-

But that doesn't matter as you have the honour of rearing possible future harbingers as you are down a few and maybe they'll put in a good word for you? You did want to renovate your house soon so these kids better be the cream of the crop!

But monetary goals aside, you genuinely loved and cared for these children - you were basically their mother. Now there were other workers you were the ones that spent the most time with them and taught them, the others just cleaned, washed and cooked etc.

And what about the hotshot Harbinger herself? You thought that if you were basically their mother, than she's that one recluse aunt that rarely comes around but is badass and brings the best gifts on the holidays. You've only ever seen a handful of times, in your interview, the rare inspections every couple of months and just in passing at a formal event once.
.
.
.
Now, what did she think about you?

At first there was nothing special about you, you were simply a good teaching candidate that could not only raise and discipline the children but also be there as we don't want future workers going insane from lack of mental care do we?

But over time as she secretly observed you and the other workers as to possibly catch them red handed in insubordination or other crimes. She realised how you did care for them, always going the extra mile, buying gifts out of your own pocket for the children at Christmas so they don't feel left down. Baking with them, with supervision from the chef of course and always lending a helping hand.

She considered giving you a raise so you could support them and yourself without issue but that would just be neglecting duties, she would set up a fund used every holiday for gifts and decorations so you don't have to pay for them yourself, it can be topped up at request or used for anything else involving the orphanage. Of course that runs the risk of someone siphoning money from the account but Arlecchino was certain she would be able to catch them.

So she did just that, but first she invited you to her private residence near the capital's border away from any disruptions - transport provided of course, she wasn't completely heartless after all.

When you first received the letter you thought that it must have been for her secretary that took up residence here so you brought it to them only for them to inform you that it is indeed written for you.