Drinks on me

barbara pov 

I've been sitting by myself at the bar of the ski resort I'm at for maybe the past hour and I'm only on my second drink as I've been drinking them very slowly, not because I can't afford more, I'm simply just depressed as fuck.

I arrived here yesterday but this is not how I imagined it to be. Sure, I am a successful model  and I have a great group of friends but this month was supposed to be the happiest time of my life and it's anything but.

I even have this amazing dress that I have absolutely no use for anymore so it's scrunched up back in my room.

My depressive thoughts were cut short when a new drink was placed down in front of me. It's exactly what I've been drinking but I didn't order it.

"I didn't order that" I told the bartender.

"It's courtesy of the gentleman over at that table" he said back to me in his deep French accent.

I sat myself up and looked towards the table and saw a man, around my age maybe older but not by much, he had long  messy hair  with a  clean shave 

Our gazes caught each other's and he smiled as he lifted his drink, looks like an Old Fashioned, and tilted it at me before looking away. I knew his game though and it's not going to work and I'm going to tell him straight so I picked up the drink he got me and made my way over and sat across from him.

"It's not going to work" I said.

"What's not going to work exactly?" He asked me.

He's American 

"Your little game. You see a girl alone at the bar and you buy her a drink thinking it'll make her come over here and sit with you and eventually lead to sex. Well it's not going to work"

"Hmm you might have a point but may I point something out?" He asked and I nodded. "You are sat with me"

"Yes but, but, I was coming over to tell you that it's not going to work"

"So you're trying to tell me that, you decided you'd walk all the way over to me, sit down with me, with the drink I bought you, just to tell me you're not going to do exactly what you did, despite me never actually asking you to come over?"

He's absolutely stumped me. I have no reply at all.

"May I explain my reasoning?" I nodded again. "Earlier I saw you arrive alone and despite being in a place that can simply be described as paradise, you had a look of sorrow on your face. The same look you had when you walked in here, also alone and the same look you've had for the hour you've been sitting nursing two drinks. People don't usually come to places like this alone. Now I was simply sending a drink over as a kind gesture having noticed you looking a little down, would you coming over and sitting with me have been a plus? Indeed, you're an extremely beautiful woman but it was not something I was expecting you to do just for one drink and taking you back to my room for sex, was not something that ever crossed my mind. But of course, you can choose whether you'd like to believe any of that and if not I wouldn't be offended in any way if you took the drink and sat back at the bar not to acknowledge me again, but if you'd like to sit with me, it would be my pleasure"

"Hmmm, maybe I believe you but you're alone are you not?" He speaks with so much confidence and it's so hot.

''no came here with few of my buddies '' I looked at him for a few seconds and took my first sip of the drink he got me

"I'm Barbara " I offered him my hand.

"It's very nice to meet you, Barbara . I'm, priyanshu " he replied as he took my hand ,I felt his name sounded familiar but I let it go for now 

Y/n and I spent probably the next two hours drinking and talking to each other, it felt a lot longer but not long enough. He's twenty , a taurus and he told me that although he is from America and  grew up in  LA, he was actually born in Italy  ,and when I heard his surname ,I instantly knew who he was, he was actually my high school crush ,he told me how as a kid he was passionate about football and now he plays proffesionaly to be honest he didn't need to tell me as I already knew it but anyways ,then he told me what has been happening around him in the last two weeks and I felt bad form him 

priyanshu-so what is your opinion about  me  like do you think like my family or .....

Barbara -I actually sympathise with you ,even I had heartbreak and in these two hours I know what kind of a person you are ,so I don't think bad about you 

Priyanshu-thank you ,means a lot (in a soft tone which surprised me  )

but then he changed the topic 

"So tell me, Barbara palvin , why are you here alone?" he asked back again in his hot and confident voice to  me after I told him a bit about myself .

"Well I was not supposed to be here alone. To be completely honest with you Priyanshu, I was supposed to be getting married four days ago" I admitted to him.

"Wait! Really? Is this, was this supposed to be your honeymoon?" he asked and I nodded. "What happened? If you don't mind me asking that is"

"Three weeks ago I was on my way home from an audition and I pulled up and saw my fiance's car outside. I thought it was odd as he wasn't supposed to be home yet but I just played it off. I went inside and he wasn't downstairs so I got myself a drink from the fridge and headed up and I could hear noises coming from our room, I walk in and there he is, my partner of nearly four years having sex with another woman in our bed, but it wasn't just some woman, no, it was my bestfriend of almost twelve years, my maid of honour, which honestly hurt even more than being cheated on"

"I'm sorry that happened to you Barbara . I know I've only just met you, but you didn't deserve that, nobody does" he said reaching across and taking my hand.

"So I called the wedding off and got them both the fuck out of my life. Another friend of mine told me that coming out here would be a good thing, have some time away from everything and if I didn't come it would've been a huge waste of money" I explained to him.

"And is it? A good thing?"

"Well not yet. My stupid ass completely forgot about the Honeymoon Suit, they couldn't change it and now I keep seeing both out names on everything, but it's only day one"

"That's right, plenty of time for it to get better"

"Only problem is, I don't even know how to ski" I said laughing as tipsy me laughs at her own jokes.

"I could teach you" he suggested.

You know how to ski?"

"Yes, I've been skiing since I was about twelve"

"Okay then. If you're offering, I'm taking" I smiled

"Great. What do you think about eight tomorrow morning?

"Oooh, that's early priyanshu . How about I meet you in the lobby at ten?" I suggested to him.

"Ten works" he chuckled. I looked at my phone and 10am was only eight hours from now.

"I guess I should get going then, get some rest before you give me a proper workout on the slopes"

"Yeah that's for the best. Would you like me to walk you to your room?" He offered and I accepted. When we reached my room, the Honeymoon Suit, I thanked priyanshu  for not only his company but his ears as he actually listened to me but  he said it was no problem and  thanked me for  listening to him . We said goodnight and I went to my room with a giddy feeling 

"I can't wait for tomorrow "

..........................................................................................................

chapter end