Unexpected

A  couple of months later

Ellie's POV
School is out for winter break and I'm so excited. Mama and mom told Macey and I that we are finally getting to go to Italy for a week during the break which I am so excited for. Moms decided we needed a vacation out of Seattle since everything we dealt with this year. Mama is the most excited and Uncle Andrew is going with us too. Anyways, today we are having a holiday party at the station, so I wanted to get a quick run in this morning.

We had a great soccer season, but I'm ready for track to start in the spring. I'm a sophomore so this means colleges can start recruiting me this year, I haven't thought about where I want to go and every time I mention college of some sort, my moms freak out because they don't want me to grow up. I head to the track where I usually go in the morning and I run a couple of laps around the track. Then I run some stadiums on the bleachers and ended the workout with some sprints.

There was a man who was sitting on the bleachers just watching me, he's been here the same days I have been here but I shook it off. I was done with my workout and I went to pick up my water bottle and decided to stretch. The man came walking over and he looked familiar, I just acted like I didn't notice and he stood next to me. Oh my goodness it was Lane, my grandfather!

I've only met him like twice in my life before I found out how he treated my mom as a kid and she banned him from over meeting us. "Hello Ellie." He said. "Uh hi Lane, um what are you doing here?" I asked him. "Well I wanted to see my granddaughter of course and see how big of a track star she is." Lane said. "You know I've seen your meets and you are better than your mom was at your age." I stood there shocked. "Oh well thanks but I better get going before mom asks where I am." I said and started to walk away. "Ellie I came here to also ask you if you want another track coach I want to be it. I have a few other girls I'm training to be in the Olympics and I think you can do it." He offered. I stood there surprised and I know my mom would say no. There is no way I'm doing it, but going to the Olympics would be amazing. "Thanks for the offer but mom trains me and she wants me nowhere near you, I'm sorry but I have to go." I said and turned to go back to my car. "Well who said she has to know.... Anyway you know where to find me if you change your mind." He said and left. Mom is going to flip out once she finds out, I'm wondering if I should even tell her about it.

Carina's POV
Maya had already left to go to the station to do some training before the party. I had the day off so the girls and I were going to do some Christmas shopping for Maya and then go to the station. I was up making breakfast for the girls when Ellie came in from her run. "Hey Bambina how was your run?" I asked her, I can tell something was off with her. "Um it was fine, uh is mom still here?" She asked me. "No honey she left to go to the training. Why what's up?" I said. "Um nothing important right now, I'm going to go take a shower so we can go shopping." Ellie said and went upstairs. I need to talk to her later I can tell something happened.

We all got dressed and went shopping to get presents for Maya and some of the other team members of the station. After we left the mall we headed to the station to go to the party. We do this every year, it's just nice being around friends and families and being with each other. We were in the car and I noticed Ellie has been quiet all day and she's playing with her bracelet which she only does when she's nervous and anxious. I grabbed her hand and just held it for the rest of the drive. We pulled into the station and the girls were about to get out. "Uh Macey why don't you go inside and go find mommy while sissy and I bring the food in. We will catch up with you." I told her. "Okay mama I'll go find mommy." Macey said and went inside.

"Bambina are you going to tell me what happened on your run this morning? You have been quiet ever since you came back." I asked Ellie. "Okay I'll tell you but you can't tell mom until after the party." She said. "Okay I'll wait and tell her after, now what's wrong." I asked. "So it's not a huge deal, but today at the track I was running and there was someone watching. Anyways that someone was Lane, and he had been at my other trainings but only noticed it was him today." She said that and I was shocked. We told him to never come near our family. "Oh gosh, Ellie did he say anything to you?" I asked. "Yeah he just wanted to say hi, and that he has been watching me run like at my trainings and he's even been to my high school meets. He- He also asked if I wanted him to train me because he has a group of girls and their program trains for the Olympics." Ellie said. "Well what did you say?" I asked worried. "Obviously I said no and that mom wouldn't be okay with it and she already trains me, and then I left and drove home." She said. "Okay well let's wait and tell mom after the party so she's in a good mood." I said and we went inside to the party.

Maya's POV
The girls finally got here and now we can have a party. Everybody and their families are here. Andy and Sullivan and their kids are here. Vic and Theo are here. Ben and Bailey and the kids are here. And Travis and Emmett and Jack are here too. Every time we do this, we always eat together and play dirty Santa. All of the kids get along and we all have a good time.

After the party

The get together was nice and fun for everyone. We ate, played games, and played dirty Santa. The kids had fun too, Ellie seemed kind of quiet some of the night, I went over to Carina to hug her. "Does something seem off with Ellie? She seems quiet." I asked her. "We are going to talk about it after the party." Carina said. I was surprised because I guess they have already talked. "Well let's just go to my office now and talk." I said. I went downstairs to my office and Carina grabbed Ellie to meet me.

"So why is everyone acting weird and needed to wait until after the party. Bug what is up?" I asked Ellie. "Well I told mama before the party, but um earlier I went to the track to run and I saw someone." I looked at her confusedly. "Mom it was Lane, he has been watching my trainings and even my meets at school, I just noticed it was him today." Once Ellie said that I was fuming. I got up and started pacing. "What- what did he say to you did he touch you or hurt you?" I asked her all worried. "No mom nothing like that, we just talked, that's it." She said. "TALKED! Ellie what could you possibly say to him, you know he's not suppose to be near you or anyone else." I yelled. "Bambina let Ellie finish talking and then you can ask questions." Carina said. "Anyways, I didn't sit there and talk to him, he just told me how he's been watching my practices and meets and he's impressed with me. And then I started to leave so then Lane told me that if I wanted more help, that I can join his group that he is training to go to the Olympics, they are girls in high school." Ellie said. "Ha over my dead body. Of course he would talk to you when I'm not there. I'm so furious right now! Ugh that son of a.." I got cut off by Carina, "Maya!" Carina turned to Ellie, "piccola why don't you go back upstairs and grab our presents and then we will go home." She said. Ellie left to go to upstairs and I sat back on the couch with Carina.