Chapter 23.

I dreaded going back to class, but I had to. I had to and I was just going to be honest with them and tell them the whole truth. I don't know where the teacher was because when I got to class people were in groups just sitting and talking. I found my group and joined them.
"What happened? Where's Brooke?" Caleb asked first.
"Did you guys manage to win?" Naomi followed.
"Brooke's gone home. No, it was a complete disaster."
"What?!" said Caleb. He quickly got up from his desk and left.
Lucy scoffed. "Really? Well, that's sad to know."
I said nothing and gave her the eye. We all gave her the eye.
"Why do you hate me so much, Lucy?" I found myself asking.
"Guys, this isn't the..."
"I don't hate you, Grace."
"Then what is the problem? You slap me, belittle me, you are cold and mean towards me. For so many years we've been friends, I'm just really failing to understand what I've done to upset you this much."
"She slapped you?" Josh interrupted.
"Shut up," said Donna.
"I said I don't hate you," Lucy repeated.
We kept quiet and looked at her. Her lies weren't helping her out of this situation. Judging by the look on her face, she wasn't expecting me to confront her like that. Her lip quivered but she hid it.
"I'm just...I'm sorry. Truly I am."
"You've got to say more than that," Naomi said.
"She's right. You've been the biggest bitch lately. Why?" Donna added.
"You guys, it's complicated," she said, quietly.
"It's not complicated. It's because of him isn't it? He's just a boy. Me and you? We're practically sisters. It's not right, Lucy."
"I said I'm sorry, Grace. It isn't about him. Why would it be?"
"Okay, apology accepted. I just couldn't understand why I was receiving all this treatment."
"Okay, hug it out." Josh interrupted again.
"He's right." Donna and Mimi said.
We got up and went over to each other to hug. It seemed genuine, but I could tell that Lucy was still bothered about something. 'Is it because of him?'  Was I that desperate to patch things up with Lucy that I let slip Edgar's situation? Gosh, what was I thinking?! It was too late to take it back, everyone heard it! We let go of each other and sat back down.
"I know it's my turn to host but, Aunt Vanessa is still mad at me," Donna informed us.
"Host what?" asked Hunter.
"Our chill session," Donna replied.
"You girls can come over to my house," Josh offered.
"What? No, I mean I could host. No problem," Naomi intervened.
"Mimi, the last time you hosted, your mom spent the whole time talking about respect, manners, loving yourself and what not," I complained.
"You're right. I guess Josh's house then?" She sighed.
We all agreed and when the last bell went, after club and practice and other extracurricular activities that the others had, we drove down to Joshua's house. I had been to his house a couple of times. It was the first time for the others. Joshua Henderson came from a...comfortable family.
The Henderson's home was almost like those beach homes. Those holiday homes. It was luxurious. Simple...but fancy. Their pool was big. The kitchen was big and everything in that house was so...fancy. Lucy wasted no time! She poured out a drink for herself, gulped it down and stripped off her clothes to jump into the pool.
"Okay! There are rules in this house!" Josh called out.
"And he's not kidding," Hunter added, pouring out a drink for himself.
"My parents are super strict, you guys. So, please. Don't break anything. Don't touch too many things and let's not pour alcohol on anything. Please!" He panicked.
"Relax, Joshy. I'll look after them," I assured him.
"That's so nice of you but I couldn't ask that of you. You've had a rough couple of days. You have to have fun. Drink as much as you want. Go swimming in the pool. Eat! I'll make you anything you want. Just promise me you'll de-stress here."
"Okay. I will have fun and forget about my problems."
"Great!"
"Just for today."
"Quit playing. Here, have a drink and go relax outside. Meanwhile, I'll order us pizza."
"And some wings, please!" I asked.
"Pizza and wings. Now go."
I grabbed the drink and headed outside. Donna and Lucy were splashing each other in the water. Naomi and Hunter were making drinks. I...didn't trust those drinks.
"Grace, come join us!" Luce giggled.
"No, thanks. But you two enjoy yourselves."
I opted to lay down on one of the chairs. I just wanted to have a nice, peaceful drink. Brooke and Caleb finally joined us.
"Hey! You made it!" Hunter called out, throwing his arm around Caleb's shoulders. "Dude? How many drinks have you had? Wait, are Josh's parents cool with this?" Caleb asked. "Nope! But they only get home at around six. So the party needs to be over by then," Josh said, walking up to them.
He greeted Caleb and then Brooke. We were sitting by the pool with our feet in the water. I was high. Lucy and Donny always smoked weed. Donna was high and drunk. Lucy and I kept serving each other shot after shot, giggling the whole time.
Bebe joined us. Donna tried to get up to hug her but fell into the pool. We laughed. Lucy, who was now tipsy, managed to get up on her feet. She pulled Bebe closer to her, burying her head in her chest.
"My love! My angel! How are you?" She hiccupped.
Bebe pulled away for air or an escape. I, on the other hand, rejoined with a bottle of beer. "Here, take this," I grinned.
Bebe took the beer and drank.
"I heard what happened. Sorry, babe. We'll pin that asshole, you can bet on that," Lucy frowned.
Naomi called out to us for help. She couldn't seem to pull Donna out of the pool on her own. Josh rushed over to help her.
"Why do you girls let her drink so much? You know she's driving," he worried.
"Ow, she's a big girl!" Lucy burped.
"I can't let her leave like this, she'll sleep in the cottage," said Josh.
"What the?! You know she's lesbian, right?" Luce laughed.
"That's low. Especially coming from you, Lucy," Josh replied.
"I'm just saying, like don't get your hopes up," I went on.
"Hopes?! I'm worried about her driving drunk!That's it! Why do girls always have to think otherwise? I'm not some fucked up punk, y'know?"
"Okay! Okay! Let's calm down and enjoy the beers, alright?" Caleb jumped in.
The door bell rang, pizza had arrived. We sat and chatted while eating and drinking. It's weird how the guys had wormed themselves into our group. It was okay though. We were starting to enjoy their company. The best part? We all understood each other. When we were together, it was a judgment free zone. You forget about all the other bullshit that's going on in your life. I forgot about the bullshit I got going on in my life.
As fun as it was, we had to end it before Josh's parents came back home.
To my surprise, I walked in and found my sister, Gloria with Edgar. I was too drunk to be annoyed or even curious. Giggling, I greeted them both and then grabbed a packet of crisps before heading upstairs.
I was high and still surprised that I made it home safely. My mind was not in the correct headspace. Edgar and Ria were probably catching up. It had nothing to do with me. I fell onto my bed, staring at the ceiling, stuffing my mouth with chips. The room was spinning. I was so close to passing out when I heard a knock on my door.
"I'm fine, Ria!" I called out.
But the door slowly opened and carefully, Edgar poked his head through it.
"Uhm actually, it's me," he said, clearing his throat.
"What the hell are you doing here?!" I hissed, sitting up.
He cautiously walked in and I looked at him, startled and confused. What on earth?
"I just wanted to..."
"You should leave," I interrupted.
"Can I please talk? I lied to your sister to come up here."
"And that's not my problem," I bit.
"What have I done to you!" He raised his voice.
"Keep your mouth shut! Are you insane?!"
"Okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry."
I looked at him standing by my door and I got the burning desire to be in his arms. I had never longed to be held, caressed and kissed by any guy before. But right then, that's all I wanted and only from Edgar, no one else. It was funny cause I was so mad at him, yet, I just wanted to kiss him again. I'm not sure if it was the alcohol but he looked so dreamy. I slowly swallowed the huge lump in my throat. At that point I wasn't sure if the thirst was for water or...Edgar.
My eyes finally met his. I watched as he closed the door behind him and locked it. The mixture of alcohol and the sight of him standing right across from me, numbed me. I wasn't sure what was going on but, in the silence, he walked over to me. With no effort whatsoever he wrapped his strong arm around my waist, and lifted me up from the bed as I tangled myself around him. Legs around his waist. Arms around his shoulders. I expected a kiss from him, but he waited. He sort of admired me first. He looked deep into my eyes. He studied me. I could feel a bond forming. It was lovely, so romantic, but I was way past that. I needed him to kiss me.
His face was an inch away from mine. I saw him in more detail. It was like looking through a telescope and the beauty of the stars becomes more clearer. His hands gently gripped beneath my butt. Brushing my fingers softly up and down his neck, he gave a soft moan and his eyes slowly closed. He tilted his head back and I stared down at his neck.
A peck, just one peck. I leaned in and softly brushed my lips on his neck. The warmth from it sent my mind into a frenzy. With no control, I continued. Slowly making my way to his ear. He brought his head back up, gently brushing his lips across my jaw. Giving a low groan, he threw me on the bed and pinned me down. I looked at him with eyes full of hunger. He noticed and responded. Gently and slowly, he lifted my top by running both his hands underneath it. I gave a soft gasp at the touch of his hands on my skin. His hands then made their way around my waist, and as soon as they reached the small of my back...he grabbed.
The way in which he was being so gentle it made my knees shake. I wasn't sure what on earth was going on but, it felt so good.
I could hear myself breathe as I laid there watching Edgar take a moment to watch my chest move up and down. Let me tell you something: it was a good day to have small, round, perky breasts.
He lowered his head right into my neck and began kissing me, nibbling on my skin. It felt so good. I reached for his head, running my fingers through his hair. I'm sure he could tell by the way I was holding onto him and from the moans that escaped my mouth, that I wanted more of him.
He moved from my neck to my lips. At first he teased me, biting on my lower lip. I decided to play along for a few seconds. As he was about to pull away again from my lips, I quickly lifted my head up and locked mine with his. He kissed me back, passionately. The layers between us were driving me crazy! Edgar, on the other hand wasn't making it easier. He moved one of his hands down to my butt, sliding down to my thigh. With a quick lift, he wrapped one of my legs around him. Now he was in between my legs and I was pretty sure I could feel his hard length on me.