before

THE GENERAL SLEPT MORE TIME than what she stayed awake for the first two weeks. The events of the chapel left her body weakened to the core, and it took her time to finally come to her senses and regain some of her strength. Tho she was still not to her fullest, it was better than being pained by the sole action of breathing.

One would think she found peace in her dreams, but that wasn't the case either; nightmares haunted her every time she closed her eyes. Big shadow creatures that whirled and swayed around followed her through a dark forest, other times they persecuted her inside the Fold until they caught her and teared her apart. She woke up screaming, out of breath and with a trail of dark blood running down her nose.

But no one heard her. And how could they? The priest had isolated her in a wing so far away from the rest of her group that no one could.

When the girl was strong enough to stand up and tried to go out, she found the door to be locked from the outside, the only answer to her screaming pleads and questions were the sound of the priest voice and his guards on her door. They told her to rest and pray for salvation, as they would pray for her damned soul.

Sometimes, she would even wake up to the chant of her sister's name. Each time, the name pierced her brain with the word Saint following it. The girl's hand were glued to her ears, trying to shield them from the screams but it was pointless.

On the surface, a new King ruled with his army of shadow creatures, he turned villages and stores upside down, searched every single chapel and cathedral he found and burnt it to the ground, every day growing more furious as he couldn't find the Summoners. His threats were met by a challenge. Someone they called Prince of the Air had struck the northern border, bombing supply lines and forcing the Dark King to renew trade through the Fold. Some said he was a Fjerdan rebel, other said it was the Lantsov prince.

The air was slowly tensing on the ground as they all felt the war coming. A war that she could've stopped, that she still could. But the girl was stuck underground, isolated from everything since the priest knew she had been weakened.

But the girl was stronger now. And angrier. The priest knew nothing of what she was capable off when she was mad.