game♔︎ basil x reader

It was sun down and you helped Basil out by watering his plants in his front yard , rambling about random childhood memories to him. After watering we both rested on a huge rock engraved in the ground

"I feel like our city is so dead, theses nothing to do!"

"O-oh uhm... there's an amusement park that actually opened this morning!" Basil informed

"Oh, where is it!"

"Its near Runaway Park, but.. a bit further!"

"Oh. do you wanna go, I actually have some money saved!"

"No that's fine, I don't want to spend your money!"

"It's alright! Can you go tomorrow

"Yeah, I'm not busy..."

"Yess!!! I've been wanting to go somewhere with you for a while."  I gleam

"R-really.. you have!"

"Yeah I have!"

"Oh. W-well uhm, thank you for helping out with my plants!"

"Mhm I'll see you tomorrow!"

Timeskip

The sky was a dark shade of blue, the moon peeked behind a cloud , rides and food stands lit up the park, I found a stone fountain with vibrant lights embroidered on the rims near the entrance, I waited for Basil there...

"Oh hey!" I exclaim running to my friend

"Hi..thanks for inviting me here"

"Yeah of course!

You knew Basil had a weak stomach and you didn't want to kill him by taking him on extreme rides so you stuck to mini roller-coasters and ferris wheels.

"Are you hungry!

"Yeah kinda but you can do what you-"

"Okay what do want, there's lemonade, water, cotton candy and..alot of stuff!" I interrupt the poor boy.

"I'll get some water, and uhm, Do you wanna share a funnel cake?"

"Sure!"

Walking to the food stand you realize that Basil decided to wait for you at the fountain in the entrance. I sprint to the blonde male "Please come with me, I have anxiety when I order food!!!!"

"Hehe, sure I'll stay beside you the whole time!" he laughs

I order the two lemonades and one big funnel cake! We both settle on a wood bench close to the roller-coasters overhearing the loud screams. I stand from the comfortable seat..

"Basil.. do you have your camera?"

"I do.."

"Can you take a picture of me by the rides!!"

"Mhm hold on a second"

I smiled while doing a pose with the rides behind me, the bright light flashed my eyes, He put the photo under a white lamppost to make the picture visible.

"I squinted my eyes in that photo!"

"Kel would tease you if he saw that photo."

"Yeah he really would!"

We walk back towards the bench and continue eating

"Funnel cakes are my favorite fair snack" Basil smiles

"Yeah me too! They are plain but taste great.."

I zone out placing my eyes on the obnoxious rides while setting my hand down at a funnel cake piece. Suddenly I feel a hand touch mine, it immediately pulls back, I turn around to see my friend now being as red as a tomato.

Staring at him confused he finally speaks up "Uhmm.. do you want to go on the ferris wheel now, didn't you want to go." Basil asked still flustered

"Y-Yeah, let's go.."

Basil and I sat down inside the cubicle surrounded with vibrant colors. The ferris wheel turns on slowly moving around

"Wow the view is great up here!, can I use your camera and take a photo of you!!"

"Sure here you go!"

I snapped a photo of the blonde male smiling giving a peace sign, the camera light flashed enlightening his face.

The lights on the ride shined on the photo making it brighten more,
"Aww you look cute" I teased showing him the photo

The ferris wheel slowly made it back to the top, the moon shined on both of us. I took this as an opportunity...I moved my head slowly making sure Basil wasn't paying attention. His hand was placed on the side of his body, carefully bringing my hand on top of his, I feel my face heat up and worried that he would pull away. He didn't hesitate and a slight smile appeared on his face as he looked out in the distance. I blushed a bright red but it was happening, I was feeling so happy inside!  There's no turning back now.

      ^  ^
   = • - • =