24 || a reveal in style

❤️‍🔥👩🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏻🏎💌 — until i found you

this chapter is so long, sorry loves x

Austria was bound to be a good race, and although there was still a qualifying session and a sprint race to commence, Ruby could feel it in her soul and as time had proven, her feelings were never wrong. Either she was excited that this was her first outing as a wife and she was projecting that joy onto anything she could or it truly was going to be a weekend to remember; and as much some people in the paddock were quickly irritating the hormonal woman by either stopping dead in front of her or walking at the slowest pace, she was determined to not let that falter her mood.

But if there was something that could cheer up the blonde at that moment in time, it was obviously going to be her best friend. April Summers catching Ruby's eye from across the paddock, the two able to spot the other in any crowded place, as the blonde made her way over to the other Mancunian woman. It hadn't taken long for April to notice who was making their way in her direction, wasting no time in putting her phone away so that she'd be able to quickly take Ruby away from any observing cameras and the public just so she could do what she had wanted to do for a while.

"I'm not sure if you can hear me yet but it's your auntie April and i can't wait to meet you." The brunette whispered excitedly as she bent down to place down to place her hands on the blonde's bump once they had made it into a quiet area of the McLaren hospitality, almost as if she was enticing the baby to show that they were listening but receiving nothing in response.

"Hello to you too." Ruby giggled softly before April pulled her into a tight hug, the two best friends swaying for a couple of moments, the scene as if they hadn't seen one another in years when in fact they saw each other not even a day ago.

"How are you feeling?" The brunette asked genuinely, wanting to show her best friend that she always had someone to talk to, even if it was on subjects that she wasn't the most confident in, a prime example being babies and pregnancy.

"I'm good, for now. Ever since my morning sickness got a bit worse, Charles hasn't took his eyes off of me."

"Bless him, I bet he's still really excited though, right?" The McLaren employee went to grab two cups from the shelf, filling both of them perfectly the way they both preferred their tea.

"Oh definitely, he's obsessed with the baby already." Ruby gushed at the thought of the many times that she could recall Charles talking to the baby or the couple talking about future hopes and plans that they would get to achieve with their child. "He's already started planning the nursery and ordering things for when we're back home."