Chapter 3: A Burger, South of the Border

Sunday

Bailey might've been right about me starting to forget, I think, wondering when and how I ended up vibing on the couch when the last thing I remember was dancing over by the kitchen. I also don't remember how I ended up by the kitchen in the first place because my last memory before that was chugging someone's drink out on the balcony.

That's how this last hour or so has been for me. One second, I'm dancing around the condo. The next thing I know, I'm either stealing someone's drink or vibing out on this couch with my eyes closed. If I'm browning out like this—if time is flying the way it is, that means I definitely drank way more than I should've. Because I only lose time like this on molly when I drink way too much.

The entire time I've been sitting here, one hand has been alternating between caressing my tits and sweeping up to my neck and my face while the other has been lightly tracing circles around my thighs. This MDMA has me so horny right now that it's taking everything in me not to reach down into my jeans and rub my clit over my damp panties. Every time I start to reach down there, I catch a glimpse of the girls in the corner of my eyes and retract my hand.

"Hey!" Vera says from the balcony. "Who left their burger all open out here like this?"

My head snaps over to the left and I see her fanning her hand over the Styrofoam box that's sitting in the middle of the patio table, chasing away a cloud of black dots—a swarm of about ten to fifteen flies. "That's mine!" I shout, springing from the couch.

She shakes her head at me, disappointment etched on her face. "You spent all night and all morning going on and on about having one last burger from Asada's before we leave, you texted us to hurry back with it, and you only took two freaking bites?! What a waste!"

"It's not going to waste!" I whine, pouting while I stare at the upside-down burger, the bun of which is sitting in the lid. Why is it upside-down with the bottom bun off? "I'm going to finish it as soon as I can swallow and taste properly again."

"Um," she says, wincing. "This burger has been sitting out here for well over two hours, Alicia... And did you not see all those flies on it just now? The bun was off, so they were crawling all over the patty just now... It's probably safer just to toss it."

"It'll be fine!" I plead, walking over to her. "I mean, we've all eaten foods that had flies on it before. Remember that science experiment from, like, middle school where you put the meat from a sealed pack in a box or whatever and it still gets maggots anyway?"

Vera sighs. "Either way, bacteria grow rapidly on meat left out for two hours. Also, it's been sitting in the sun, which means it's probably been the perfect temperature to encourage rapid microbial growth..."

"Whatever, microbiology major," I almost snarl. "I've eaten meat left out for longer at tailgates and survived, so you're not throwing it away..." I snatch the container from her and then slam it shut. "If it's already been two hours, I should start coming down soon, so I'll just reheat it and eat it before we leave."

"Unless you're nauseous like you were last night," Payton chimes in as she steps out onto the balcony.

"Then I'll take it with me!" I say with what feels like a deranged smile.

Payton snickers, plopping down on the outdoor lounge chair. "Um... you're not allowed to bring meats back over the border though..."

"If I can smuggle weed and molly across the border, I can surely figure out a way to bring back one harmless burger..." I say with wide eyes and raised eyebrows.