Chapter 4: Comedown on the Drive Up

Monday

A groan escapes me as I awake to someone shaking me by the shoulder. "Hmm?" I smack my lips obnoxiously to work up some saliva in my desert-dry mouth. "What?" I mutter groggily, wincing from the horrible headache and nausea.

"It's 10:30. We overslept," Payton whispers the moment I peek at her through one eye. Her eyes are all red and puffy, her hair is a disheveled mess like she literally just got up. "We gotta pack up the car and leave before check out."

Palming my face while massaging my temples with my thumb and middle finger, I sit up and reach for the bottle on the end table. "I thought we had the place until tomorrow..." I croak.

"Today is tomorrow," she says, her face scrunching up like she just confused herself as much as she confused me. "It's Monday."

"What happened to Sunday?"

She snickers. "Don't you remember? You popped a molly, so Bailey preemptively called off in anticipation of us staying another day, then we all got shitfaced." She sits on the edge of the bed beside me.

I gulp down the mouth full of water as I shift in my seat and spread my legs in an attempt to relieve this weird, full sensation in my vagina. "Oh yeah... I vaguely recall taking molly after breakfast, but I don't remember shit other than dancing around the condo."

She winces. "Yeah... Probably because you kept drinking during your roll—"

"Did I drink a lot?" I interrupt. "I feel like I'm still drunk."

"Oh yeah. You chugged Vera's drink a few hours into your roll, then you took a shot and guzzled a margarita before you finished peaking. When you finally did start coming down, you smoked weed and took, like, four shots of tequila back-to-back an hour later, so I'm not sure you even finished rolling before you blacked out around dinner time. Oh, then you smoked a bunch more weed and passed out right around sunset because, and I quote, 'if I don't get stoned, I won't be able to sleep on the comedown.'"

"Fuck, no wonder I feel like death..."

"Yeah... Speaking of death, we actually debated taking you to the hospital because you were sweating like crazy and unresponsive until Vera poured ice water all over your face... You were coherent enough to mumble a few words and drink water, so we figured you'd be okay."

"Geez..." I snicker. "Sounds like that first time we all did molly all over again."

Her expression goes serious. "You laugh, but this was way worse than that. We legit took turns monitoring you all night, hence the reason we overslept. Please never drink that much on molly again, okay? You scared the shit out of me—out of all of us."

"I'm sorry. I won't mix like that ever again. Promise."

"Good girl," she says with a smile, rising from the edge of the bed. "Now, since there's no time to shower, do what you gotta do in the bathroom quick because we need to pack up the car and be out of here in ten. M'kay?"

"Kay!" I groan.

I'm so dehydrated that I don't even have to pee, so I just wash my face and brush my teeth, squirming in place and widening my stance to try to relieve the constant feeling of fullness in my vagina.

Why does it feel like I have three tampons stuffed up there? After rinsing out my mouth, I pull down my pants and slip a finger between my folds. A string brushes against my digit as I push into my opening, then the tip of my finger presses into what feels like a massive wad of cotton a second later. Did I start my period early? I look around for one of our toiletry bags but I don't see any, probably because they're all packed up. Whatever. I'll just leave it in there and change it out when I get home.