A Test of Deception

August 23, 1999

Syntec Location #2

Lab #7

Employees Present- Eric Williams and Wesley Nathaniel

Eric (into a recorder)- This is Eric Williams starting test #34 of the life's blood serum. with me is Syntec Co-founder Wesley Nathaniel. He will be monitoring the test today and we both will be recording the data from this test. To Begin the test, I will administer an injection of life's blood into the patient's bloodstream. (Silence followed by the sound of a Patients Scream) the patient has reacted violently to the serum, and I would recommend that for the record this patient gets a smaller dose going forward. Wesley, anything you would like to say. Wesley- I would like to note for the record that patient #547 has gone comatose due to their reaction to the serum. Also, for the record I would like to note that patient #549 is showing excellent progress with the serum. Patient #547 will be used as an example for future dosages of life's blood serum to other patients. That is all. Eric- as a final note on this test I would like to note for the record that patient #547 though comatose will be monitored daily in case of return to consciousness. Either Wesley or myself will give updates on patient #547. Anyone else that tries to speak about this will be forced into silence... by any means necessary. I will now record this test complete. End Tape.

Eric- well I think that would as well as it could have.

Wesley- yes, I must say Eric you're getting pretty good at these tests.

Eric- thank you Wesley. So, what's Next

Wesley- Want to go to lunch?

Eric- that sounds good.

Wesley- alright let's go to lunch.

September 18 ,1999

Eric- just got to get this ready for the test hopefully Wesley will be here soon.

"Footsteps coming from behind Eric"

Eric- Ah Wesley good you've arrived

Female Voice- Actually it's not Wesley

Eric Spins around to see a blonde woman in her mid to late 30's standing behind him.

Eric- and who might you be

Women- (reaches out her hand) hi my name is Deborah Head of clinical trials here at Syntec

Eric- (shakes her hand) I'm Eric Williams bio technician.

Deborah- It's nice to meet you Mr. Williams.

Eric- its nice to meet you To Mrs...

Deborah- just call me Deb

Eric ok.

A few moments later

Eric- So what happened to Wesley

Deborah- Wesley's busy with something that Nelson needed him to do so he asked me to monitor your test today.

Eric- oh OK well shall we get started

Deborah- Ya let's get started.

A few minutes later.

Eric (into a Recorder)- This is Eric Williams beginning test #59 with Deborah in the room with me to monitor the test and we will be testing on patient #590 today. Now to begin the test I will inject a small amount of lifeblood into the patient's bloodstream. following the injection I will monitor the effects of the serum on patient #590. once these results have been recorded then I will move on to the next step of the procedure and that is to inject a small amount of a new serum we've been working on that I've dubbed death's blood it should do the opposite of what lifesblood does but to a lesser extent when the test is complete I will register completion into my notes and then Deborah my supervisor for this test or register her official completion of the test and then we will continue with test #60 next week. Deborah where is the patient? Deborah- What are you talking about Eric don't you know... Eric- What are you talking about where's the patient. Deborah- you are the patient! (Deborah Steps toward Eric and injects him with some sort of serum.) Eric- what did... what did you... what... did... you... do (Erics words trail off as he collapses to the ground into unconsciousness.) Deborah- I'm sorry Eric but it had to be done.