𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

MATADOR OF LOVE

      YOU WERE at home fixing the trucks of your skateboards when suddenly you recieved a call from Miya

"Hey," you said.

        "Hey, Shadow is going to pick me up to go to S. Just wanted to let you know," he responded.

      "Sure, stay safe and wear your seatbelt. I'll meet you guys at S, right before the race. I have something to do first," you explained.

      "Alright, I'll see you there, bye," he finished. You responded back and declined the call. It was late afternoon and the sun was starting to set. The sky was infused with hues of orange. You decided to start getting ready.

      You wore ripped, baggy jeans with a large black graphic tee. Under the tee you had fishnet sleeves. Paired with black vans and your typical jewelry and chains.

      You left your house quietly and made your way. You skated through the streets and every stop you made you checked your text messages. Any notice could arrive at any moment.

      You arrived at Joe's restaurant. It was already closed, with only one lamp on inside. You approached the door and knocked. Joe opened it for you.

"So, what's the deal?" You asked as you entered.

"We're skating against Adam," Cherry Blossom revealed as he sat in one of the stools.

"Damn... straight to the point," you breathe out.

"Originally it was going to be only me and Cherry, but we gave it a thought and decided maybe you should join us as well," Joe explained.

"How generous of you guys," you smirked.

"However, we don't want you to get hurt or your friend. I understand where you come from and how much you've grown, but you must always be careful," Cherry warned.

"I get it, but I trained a lot. I should be the last of your worries," you responded with a straight face. "You should worry about yourselves, skating with Adam isn't a breeze."

"We've known Adam longer than you have, Lucy. We skated with him as teens," Joe snapped.

"Sure," you rolled your eyes.

Joe and Cherry gave each other a small glance. They must be thinking the same thing. 'What is she talking about?' The rest of the small talk was discussing the bet.