Crimson Wings - @The_Musician

Sexy Saints and Sinners Winner 

Crimson Wings by The_Musician

Water dripped onto the cracked brick floor from a broken pipe which had been scheduled for maintenance during the upcoming week. Spotty windows allowed shimmering moonlight to come in unobstructed. Celestial rays lit up dormant spider webs that had been weaved with great care and effort. A large one hung from a brass chandelier dangling overhead. Beneath it, a single coffin was lying undisturbed.

The occupant was an older man with gray wisps for hair and ghostlike paleness for skin. He was clad in an expensive suit made of the finest cotton. Both large, boney hands were resting atop his abdomen. Flickering from multiple half-melted candles illuminated his corpse in a sea of faint orange. It was an additional color that gave the man a little more life in his time of death.

Faye was supposed to be reading the man's Last Rites to prepare him for a meeting with the big man above. Instead, he was fiddling with a stray piece of string that protruded from his collar. A worn bible lie closed in his warm hands, the book having not been opened since the young priest arrived.

At the time, other members of the church were still present. They were doing their own jobs in terms of fixing the body. When it came to Last Rites though, Father Faye asked to do the necessary preparation alone. With a well placed smile and an innocent tilt of the head, his request was fulfilled without a moment's hesitation.

Once everyone was gone, a caring grin shifted to a threatening sneer. The bible was glanced through before being closed again. The corpse remained unblessed.

And in the stillness and the silence, Faye waited.

As day turned to night; as the sun descended and the moon rose; as crickets awoke from their restful slumber; the priest waited patiently in a wooden chair by the door. It was cold enough for each exhale to bring about a cloud of condensation. Freezing temperatures didn't bother him in the slightest. If anything, he reveled in the frosty clutches of late, biting, ferocious winter.

"I could say that I'm surprised to see you, but we both know that would be a lie."

The familiar, sultry voice made Faye chuckle. "Hello to you too, Alonzo."

"Charming as ever, Father."

A tall figure hidden beneath encompassing darkness walked forward to reveal its features. Fiery red hair was side swept with long strands pooling around two broad shoulders. Light gray skin appeared darker than normal, but a pair of glowing orange eyes were as radiant as always. A long forked tongue darted out of its confines to drag across a plump bottom lip before retreating again. Sharp teeth presented themselves alongside a teasing smirk.

Strong muscles were contoured by soft shadows. The firm hills gave the demon a god-like physique with his glorious pecs, defined abs, and intimidating arms. His lower half was covered by a simple pair of black pants. Large feet housing dual sets of jagged black nails nearly made craters in the damp floor below.

Two beautiful crimson wings fluttered behind him.

"What brings you down here, Father? This one's been dead awhile-- I can smell it off of him." Alonzo poked the corpse with a single finger. "Perhaps you were waiting for me? It seems as though we've been bumping into each other a lot as of late. I can't help but feel that you've been following me. Especially considering the fact that we both know this unfortunate soul isn't headed toward your domain, and he never was."

"Maybe." Faye looked off to the side before bringing his attention forward again. "Or maybe it was just a... coincidence."

"I thought lying was taboo when it comes to your customs."