Friends In High Places

The two of you engaged in a silent stare down, with neither sides willing to back down.

Caitlyn: "It's good to see you again."

You just shook your head and narrowed your eyes.

Y/N: "Cut the sarcasm, Caitlyn. We both know we don't want anything to do with each other."

Caitlyn chuckled, quietly agreeing with you. The relationship you shared with each other was built on a brittle foundation. By no means did you call each other friends. 

She began approaching you slowly. Though cautious, you kept your feet firmly planted on the ground. Caitlyn was a rational woman, so it was incredibly unlikely that she was here just to start a fight. At the same time, however, you knew that she wasn't so stupid as to come here unarmed. After all, you were a dangerous and unpredictable person in her eyes. A criminal on par with the likes of Jinx. The only difference being that you were a lot more patient and calculating.

You quickly scanned her lower region, letting your eyes travel to her hips. It was unusual, but she didn't seem to be carrying her gun at first glance. In which case, she was probably concealing it. Perhaps it was holstered somewhere behind her, out of view.

She stopped just a few feet away from you. It was as though the two of you were engaged in a real-life game of chess; waiting for the other to make a move while calculating a counter-attack. As such, you made it impossible for her to read you. But so did she.

Y/N: "What do you want with me?"

Caitlyn: "I need to talk to you."

Y/N: "Yeah, I guessed that bit. You wouldn't be here otherwise."

She crossed her arms beneath her chest, wearing a determined but stern look on her face.

Caitlyn: "I suppose that is true. I'll just cut to the chase, then. I need your help."

Baffled, you narrowed your eyes and slightly lifted the corners of your lips into a snarl.

Y/N: "What now? It's been 8 years. I thought we were done."

Caitlyn averted her gaze, appearing a little on edge. You were confused by this and, quite honestly, rather concerned. It took a lot to shake her. What has gotten her so riled up?

Caitlyn: "I thought so, too. But..."

She fell silent, prompting you to raise an eyebrow.

Y/N: "But...?"

Finally seeming to have regained her resolved, Caitlyn looked up from the ground and spoke in a determined voice.

Caitlyn: "Let's go."

Suddenly, Caitlyn turned on her heel and started walking away. But you just stood there and called out to her.

Y/N: "'Let's go'? You come out of nowhere, after all these years, and expect me to follow you, just like that?"

She turned her head, looking at you from over her shoulder.

Caitlyn: "Yes."

Y/N: "No. Not until you tell me what exactly we'll be doing."

Caitlyn sighed and closed the distance once more.

Caitlyn: "Right. I forgot about your friends."

Y/N: "Yeah, so-"

Caitlyn: "Tell them you have something to do. This is important."

Y/N: "Can't it wait? I doubt whatever it is your so concerned about won't be here tomorrow."