𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐

Standing up from where you sat, she didn't stop you, so you left, heading to the kitchen for a glass of water, having the topic on hold while thinking of ways to somehow delay it or to never ever talk about it again, which is impossible.

Pouring a water on a clear glass, you downed it in one gulp, pouring one more time when suddenly a noise made you jumped as the glasswears slipped from your grasp, falling hardly on the floor as the shattered glass spread everywhere and you didn't even notice that you were bleeding.

Until the front porch closed with a thud, making you spun around, stepping on some shard of glass, to see who could it be.

"Shit," You cursed under your breath, your voice going unnoticed and realizing the blood from your hand, then reaching some paper towels from one of the cupboards, hands shaking due to the previous noise.

"Did something fall?" Your shrink softly yelled from the other room, but you didn't responsed.

A few seconds later you could hear unfamiliar footsteps approaching, looking up, eyebrows knitting together as you prepare to see whoever it was.
As the footsteps stopped, your eyes trailed from bottom to top, scanning the intruder before your eyes meets theirs and you froze immediately hiding your injured hand behind you as your foor throbbed in pain, and luckily you were behind the kitchen counter.

"Y/N? Are you okay, you seem awfully quiet?" Your shrink added again, pointing out the obvious and you rolled your eyes in annoyance. Anither thumbs up in her way, out of the intruders sight.

"Are you sure?" She asked again and you nodded your head, eyes fixated to the intruder, who unfortunately is Natasha Romanoff.

Leaning sideways to reach a note by the fridge's door, you hand it out for Natasha to grab. But instead she was taking in your figure, eyes searching every inch of you, taking some mental note to the things she recognized to be changed. Her eyes then fell on the floor a shard of glass can be seen and then behind your back, only to be spotted the water running down to the said floor.

"Your dad texted me," Your shrink, or Ellie, stated, "You were expecting someone?" She added, coming from view now with her eyes on her phone.

Breaking your eye contact from Natasha, you glared at yoir shrink.

"Oh," The small tone came out of her mouth, eyes now looking at Natasha's,  "I'll just come by tomorrow then--"

"That's not necessary, I'm just stopping by," Natasha cut off the woman, making you look at Nat to figure what she was doing, then back to your shrink, shaking your head pleadingly to not leave you alone.

"No, it's okay, we'll just talk tomorrow," She insisted, smiling at you reassuringly.

"No. You are not leaving," You sternly-stubbornly stated, voice barely a whisper this time, to the point where you can't even understand your own words, so again you shut your mouth, heavily shaking your head this time.

Ellie then excused herself, walking back to where she came from, knowing you'd be so damn furious if she left you alone with Natasha.

Finally, Natasha grabbed the paper from your hands, reading it outloud to herself.
"Office upstairs, second door on your left."

She continued her mission without glancing at you, then you slid down on the floor, hiding yourself so you wouldn't have to deal with her when she's done with whatever she's here for.

Continously hissing in pain, slowly taking out few pieces of sharded glasses from your bearfoot.

On Natasha's way down she could hear your slight whimpers but she ignored it, heading out of the house as fast as she can with the filea in her hand. She was pissed off to say the least and she doesn't even know why she was feeling that way. So she dialed Fury, who was responsible for sending her here, as she lash out on him on her way back to Triskelion.

Ellie finished up covering your wounds with enough gauze, scolding you from time to time for whatever her reasons since you fail to see what's your fault here.

"What was that?" Ellie started again, glaring at you.

"What was what? " You replied through text since it was easier for you to type and for her to read - or hear, making a ping sound every time she recieves your messages.

"Don't do that, what did we talk about?" She shot back, ignoring your text as it was evident in her tone that she didn't like your attitude.

"Be civil," You replied.

"Exactly, you weren't civil out there," She retorted.

"I was being civil," You insisted, looking up at her from time to time to see her expression.

"You call that being civil? Bleeding out to death and hiding behind the kitchen counter, civil? Really?" She mused back, jaw clenching.

Ellie was not your usual therapist.

"That's a bit dramatic," You replied, gaining an eye roll from her, "It's not really my fault, you were about to leave me alone with the woman I used to love."

"And so? I don't see the problem with it," She keot her voice calm this time.

"You can't leave me like that, you're my therapist, you're supposed to help me out."

"I am helping you out. Listen, you have to be able to talk to the woman you loved, one way or another. You can't be jumpy and shaky in front of her, it only proves that there is a problem between you two that you need to sort out," She explained, getting back to the shrink side.

"We're both colateral damage, that's what the problem is," You muttered to yourself this time, throat getting soar everytime you talk.

"Colateral damage?" She furrowed her eyebrows, only hearing this now.

"Yeah, we're both colateral damage because of our past," You added quietlym

"You haven't moved on from the past?" Ellie concluded, making you look back at her with defensive eyes.

"What? Of course I am," You went back from texting, already tired from talking.

"You just said it yourself, colateral damage from the past," She repeated your words.

"That doesn't mean I haven't moved on," You retorted with an eyeroll.

"Have you then?"

─━  ⑅  ⴵ  ⑅  ━─