𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟓

You woke up in a sweat, heart pounding as your eyes wandered around the unfamiliar room. You were quick to drag your feet near the door and did not even doubt your ability as you started running, mind still fogged from what you had woken up from your dream — or rather, a nightmare.

"Hey!" A manly voice called out from behind you and you continued to run, still thinking you were in danger. A few moments later, an alarm went off and you could hear footsteps coming from everywhere, all hot on your heels, but of course you couldn't possibly outrun a hundread people, so they caught you.

Out of breath, you finally looked at those people who were chasing you and you spotted the badges on their clothes, SHIELD, that means you're at Triskelion.

What? You thought, confused as your eyebrows scrunched together.

"Alright, thank you, agents, I will take it from here," a familiar voice stated, as the so called agents parted their ways before your eyes landed to your one and only father. You rolled your eyes at him and he scoffed. "Last night... what you did was reckless," He spat the words. "Y/N, you're not in highschool anymore you can't sneak out everytime you wanted, and I shouldn't be scolding you right now infront of everyone but you are too damn stubborn."

At that time you wanted so badly to defend yourself, to be able to stand your ground but you couldn't, having no voice sucks — and at that time, Natasha was standing somewhere, eyes fixated on the both of you as she wondered why you weren't talking or even opening your mouth.

What the hell is she up to? Natasha thought as she began descending towards the both of you  determined to know what was happening. But on her way, Agent Hill was quick to step in, stopping Natasha on her tracks as the redhead's attention shifted at the older agent.

"Don't do this," Natasha warned, jaw clenching.

"You should be telling that to yourself," Hill replied, glaring back at Natasha.

The redhead rolled her eyes, shoving pass through the agent but then again, Hill grabbed Nat's forearm, pulling her back harshly but not enough to knock her off the ground. Natasha looked down for a moment before glaring at Hill, but neither had the intentions of backing down.

"Don't get yourself involved," Hill warned. "You've already grown just fine for the past few months, don't let that go to waste."

"Who told you I'm getting involved? I just simply want to talk to her," Nat reasoned.

"Still the same thing, Romanoff," Hill retorted, eyes shifting away from Natasha, distracted, as her eyes landed to where you stood with your father and of course, your shrink who just arrived. And with that, Natasha did the same thing.

Your jaw was clenched as your father set some new grounds for your shrink to watch out from you, and as he did so your eyes were fixated out of the window pane as your head drifted out, ignoring the fact that someone was watching you from behind.

"Agent Hill!" Fury suddenly talked a little too loud, startling you as your eyes became warry about the sudden change of sound.

As you looked around for the Agent, you did not expect to see Natasha too, expecting her to be back at the compound since she's already done with whatever Fury told her to do.

"Sir," Hill addressed, Natasha standing close behind her.

"I need you to assist Ms. Malcolm to the infirmary, she has some important matters to do," Fury requested and the agent nodded, walking away with your shrink in an instant.

Now that you were left with just your father and the one who used to be your lover, and suddenly you desperately wanted to talk, to say something, even just a simple 'hi', but you couldn't risk hurting your vocals, so you just looked down.

"Something interesting on the floor?" Natasha suddenly asked, causing your head to slightly whip up so you could see her. While you did that your eyes merely glanced at your father who was busy with his phone.

Natasha waited for a response but she got none, until you slightly shrugged to tell her that it was alright or something, which seemed to knit her eyebrows together from your short response.

"By the way, how's your hand?" She quickly followed up, making your eyes go wide a little before cautiously looking at your slightly injured hand.

Natasha hoped that you'd respond to her question since there's no way someone will answer with 'just a shrug'. But unfortunately, before you could even give her one, the conversation was cut off by Fury clearing his throat.

"We'll have to talk about this later," Fury stated, "Natasha and I has somewhere else to be, so I trust you'll find your way around."

With your furrowed eyebrows, you looked at Fury, praying that he'd understand what that look meant.

"Like I said, we'll talk about this later," he stated once more, glaring down at you with his one and only eye.

Rolling your eyes, you walked away in a direction where Hill and Ellie went, letting your father think that you'll be staying out of anyone's business until he's back.

But little did he know that you were quite a meddler.

─━  ⑅  ⴵ  ⑅  ━─