4. envy

"nice to meet you too!!" she flashes her pretty white teeth to mick. nikki walks up behind me and places a hand on my back, "what's up?" he whispers lightly.

"nothing, love. im okay" i smile at him. "love?" he asks lightly with a smile. "oh shit, im so sorry" i quickly cover my mouth in shock. "nono, its okay." i hear him let out a small laugh.

"but seriously, are you sure you're alright?" he gently rubs his thumb in small circles on my back. i nod at him with a smile.

nikki genuinely seemed like a sweet guy, i felt safe around him and he made me feel... good? but i couldn't keep my eyes off of tommy and jillian. god i couldn't stand to see them together.

i was extremely fucking jealous of her.

"this is a long shot, but you wanna go out to get dinner sometime?" nikki asks lightly while fiddling with a strand of hair hanging from his face. "just because i called you love doesn't mean im head over heels for you, you know that?" i smile while turning myself to face him.

"o- of course not! i was just thinkin-" he lets go of the strand and starts rambling. "yes ill go, love" i cut him off with a smile, placing my hand on his shoulder.

not going to lie, i hoped tommy would see us and get jealous, i wanted tommy to see us. but he was all over her, following her like a lost puppy.

"its a date?" nikki holds his hand out for me to get off the stool. "dont push it, bassist" i roll my eyes with a smile.

"hey, jj has their record" tommy smiles while pointing to me, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. "oh.. uh who?" i look up quickly as nikki and i sit on the couch. "bon jovi!" he smiles, "oh yeah" i nod.

"oh, is it any good?" jillian pops in, looking quite unamused while she looked at me. "yeah its alright, i guess" i reply dryly before turning to the living room to take a seat.

i was so jealous i almost hated her, and i felt super fucking guilty about it. she didn't do a damn thing, and thats what pissed me off, thats what makes me feel guilty.

"oh my god, you have such a huge pool!" i hear jillian gasp from beside me while admiring the backyard. "we can all go for a swim if you'd like" mick smiles while standing up. "aww i dont have a bathing suit." she frowns lightly.

"im sure jen will have an extra, right?" mick looks to me. "maybe." i look back to him, then to jillian who had a slightly disgusted look as u stand up, "i dont know, i dont think they'll fit me... they might be a bit to big.." she looks me up and down still holding the visibly disgusted face.

"then go buy one?" i scoff, contorting my face to match hers, "fucking groupie" i add on under my breath. i had a short patience with her, but i didn't regret what i said.

"excuse me?!" i hear her shout lightly. "jennifer!" mick slightly raises his voice at me. "thats meee" i emphasize before heading to the door. "hey! the fucks your problem!?" tommy asks with an angry tone.

"maybe my bathing suits just dont fit her, im just to big?" i stick my lip out and pout, slipping out of the door. i honestly was not in the mood for wherever bullshit she was going to pull, so im not going to deal with it.

knock knock knock

evan opens the door, "heeeyy jj" he smiles, "you okay?" "pfft..." i scoff and walk inside before throwing myself on his couch. "oh god, what happened now." he shut the door and sat down on the coffee table.

"tommy's got a girlfriend and shes a complete bitch" i throw my hands on my face, "but nikki asked me out on a date, and i dont know wether to feel happy or upset"

"well thats a lot, which one do you... care about more..?" he hesitates trying to find the right words. "tommy obviously!!" i sit up, "im going to be flat out with you, evan. i've liked this dude since the band started, now that i've finally met him i just.. aaggh!!" i grunt and throw myself back down.

"you need to calm it down, honey. i dont have a lot to say about the whole nikki and tommy thing, thats all on you.. but what did the girlfriend do?" he asks

"i offered for her to borrow a bathing suit of mine so we could hop in the pool, and she said mine wouldn't fit her because they would be 'to big' like what's that meant to mean?" i sigh.

"no dont even get me started on mick and tommy's reaction on the situation, mick shouted my name at me, and tommy asked what my problem is" i sit up and stare at evan, who looked a bit confused,  "i just.. ev, shes so pretty, ill never be like her. perfect smile, perfect body, perfect blonde hair, perfect eyes... just fuck!" i sigh lightly, extremely confused on what im meant to be feeling.

"honey, i know damn well you're not comparing yourself to her! you're so fucking pretty, you can pull anyone you want!!" he pats my thigh. "ev you dont understa-" i try to say but he quickly cuts me off, "i do understand. i understand that you're so pretty. no matter who she is you'll always one up her, your looks and your personality, for fucks sake nikki fucking sixx asked you on a date!!"

"okay sure whatever.." i laugh lightly.

- -

"stop it!! run the other way you dumbass!!" i shout at the tv, scared out of my mind. "shes blonde shes not going to run the correct way!" evan shouts back as he lays against me, also scared out of his shit.

"this movies horrible, why'd we turn this on" i laugh slightly in his arms. "it was your idea to watch a horror movie" i hear him scoff still slightly shaking. "wasn't my idea for this movie though, asshole!!" i laugh while my eyes are glued to the tv

knock knock knock knock, ring ring

the door goes off causing me to jump. "who's here at 2:30 in the morning?" evan gets up with me behind him. he slowly opens the door to see mick standing there, looking worried.

"is jennifer here?" he looks up to evan. "yeah" i come out from behind evan. "were you here the whole time?" he asks, with his worried look now turned to relief. "yeah..?"

"you should come home, its extremely late" he says, "um yeah, okay." i smile to him, "thanks, ev" i turn to evan and give him a hug.

"why'd you run off like that?" he asks me once we get into the car. "i was upset, mick." i scoff looking out of the window.

"why? she didn't do anything?" he looks to me confused. "did you not hear what she said to me?!" i sit up and look at him. "i did! she said they might be to big on her, there's no problem to that!" he throws his sight back on the road and raises his voice, "it gave you absolutely no excuse to call her that!"

"yeah, you're right." i sternly reply and throw myself back down on the seat and look outside until we eventually make it back to the house.

i was extremely pissed off that he didn't understand what she said to me, she knew what she said and i was never the type of person to let that slide.

once we make it in, i glance at the band standing there along with jillian and storm upstairs to my room, slamming my door shut.

okay maybe i overreacted but i couldn't stand how they sided with her automatically. i mean tell me im not dreaming, she had that face and told me my bathing suits would be to big for her.

i envied her and didn't want to admit it.