Chapter 47

INCLUDES MATURE CONTENT

—————————————————————-

Once, but never again.

Which was a good thing too because Moira wasn't planning on ever marrying someone other than Harry.

She'd read about how stressful planning a wedding was, seen movies about it and whatnot. To prevent that, they'd decided to hire a wedding planner. Everything was set up to their liking, there was a strict time schedule and all was generally as perfect as could be. But regardless, Moira had never felt more stress running through her veins, making her heart beat a million miles an hour and transforming her into a literal bridezilla.

"I can't do this."

"Yes you can, I believe in you. Think of how happy the younger and lesser Stones will be when he sees his fiancé coming down the aisle in a dress like that... And besides, everything's already been paid for so there's no going back anyway."

"You're not helping, Lizzy!"

At that point, Moira was on the brink of hyperventilating.

Just then, the middle-aged wedding planner walked in, holding Moira's flower crown and bouquet. When she saw her client crouched on the floor, with the massive white dress spread around her, she gasped and quickly freed her hands on the vanity table.

"Oh honey, no no no, don't cry, you wouldn't want to ruin that pretty face of yours now would you?" Joan tapped her cheek the way a mother would.

Moira looked down at her dress with a sulky expression. "No."

"That's what I thought. Now tell me what's going on?"

"She," Moira pointed an accusing finger at her almost sister-in-law. "Is demotivating me!"

In reply, Joan clapped her hands together and opened the door. "Grab the kids and get a roll on, Elizabeth. My assistant's outside to check the list with you."

Lizzy playfully tapped her Bella's butt, sending her out the door, and grabbed a very reluctant Ollie by his hand. "Don't call me Elizabeth."

"I will if I have to."

She bowed. "Yes ma'am."

Moira pecked Ollie cheek, ruffled his curls a little -to bring them into model-and told him she'd see him later, to which he replied, "You look weally pwetty, mommy."

Once the three of them had exited the dressing room, Moira exclaimed a scream and plopped down on the chaise lounge, her dress flying all over the place and covering her face from sight.

"Dear lord, honey where did all these pent up emotions come from?"

"I want to tell you but then I'll cry and you'll be angry I ruined my makeup." The sound of her voice was muffled by the fabric of her dress.

"You better not cry then." Joan said sternly. "Now get up, we gotta get this show on the road."

"Can't we just sit here and talk for a while longer."

"You're paying me to plan your wedding, not to be your therapist."

Moira groaned, violently uncovering her face from the fabric. "I hate that you're right."

Meanwhile, Finn stepped forward and clasped his hand on his best friend's shoulder in a comforting gesture. "Relax, Haz."

Until then, Harry hadn't even noticed how nervous he truly was. He figured it was okay to feel like that. Hell, every man was nervous on his wedding day. It's practically mandatory and nothing to be ashamed of. Still, he did not understand why he felt nervous.