𝟬𝟭𝟰. salad with seb

LOVER -
act one chapter fourteen

actual charles:

ACTUAL CHARLES:where are you hurry up qualifying is in three hoursi don't have time for this

ACTUAL CHARLES:
where are you
hurry up
qualifying is in three hours
i don't have time for this

IRIS:
can you calm down
jesus

ACTUAL CHARLES:
no
it's a stressful day
hurry up

IRIS:
i'm having lunch with seb
just wait

ACTUAL CHARLES:
i'll come to you
where are you

IRIS:
aston martin hospitality
sat outside
sharing a salad

ACTUAL CHARLES:
on my way

IRIS HUFFED, setting Charles' phone down on the table. Wondering what put him in such a bad mood.

Sebastian, who sat opposite her, furrowed his eyebrows. "What was all that about?" The Aston Martin driver asked, putting a selection of the tomatoes on his fork that Iris claimed to hate.

Iris shrugged, "I don't know. Charles seems very stressed." She told Seb, playing with the piece of feta cheese in front of her.

"Well, speaking from experience," He pointed to himself, with a smile. "Ferrari can be a stressful environment. You don't just join Ferrari for fun, you join for wins, podiums and poles. You set that expectation for yourself, but the team does as well."

"It's only the second round though." Iris attempted to justify, but soon came to realize no matter what the round was Charles now has a lot to live up to - and it would only get more stressful as the season went on.

"And people will expect similar results to last week." Seb told her, reminiscing on his times at Ferrari. He had the good moments, and he also had the lows. Sebastian's lows at Ferrari were ultimately the lowest one could get. "Charles is strong, all he has to do is surround himself with the people who make him the most happy."

Before the pair could continue talking about him more, Iris spotted a man kitted out in red clothing running towards her.

He leant against the fencing that surrounded the Aston Martin decking, giving himself some time to breathe before speaking. Charles held his hand out, muttering a thank you when the device had been placed into his hand. His hand ran down his face, and then smiled at the pair.