𝟬𝟮𝟬. australia

LOVER -
act one chapter twenty.

"ARE YOU LISTENING?" Charles' engineer, XAVIER, asked. Snapping his fingers in-front of the drivers face, trying to grab his attention.

Frankly, Charles couldn't stop scanning the garage in case he saw her. It had been two weeks since he had last done so, and so many regrets had since followed.

He regretted not kissing her there and then, and then not messaging her sooner.

The only way he could keep in the loop with her life was via the highly intrusive newspaper reports, or the gossip magazines that somehow knew more than Iris' lawyers combined.

Even on the other side of the planet he had kept in constant touch, every so often he would ask Mick how it was going down (or get George to do it so he didn't look totally suspicious) Lando of course poked fun at the Ferrari driver, but Charles was quick to cover it up and claim he just love crime documentaries and this felt like he was living a real one.

Charles had read one comment for Iris' rep which displayed how the singer was doing, only minorly. That the singer was doing fine and was trying her best to get through the legal side of things before she comes back and makes a statement herself.

Of course, while Charles believed what the rep said. He also couldn't believe it. That Iris was fine, Sebastian and Mick's expression told the full story. How they spoke in hushed tones, or were always on the phone.

The morning of the Australian GP had been troubling for them, to say the least. Seb had been trying his best to make sure his car was in its best condition after a crash in qualifying and Mick was trying to get Iris to answer the phone.

Only one of these had gone according to plan. Seb was confirmed to be racing and Mick was getting annoyed at the sound of Iris' new voicemail machine, due to the fact she had gotten a new phone and wanted her voicemail to be the most annoying as possible.

Charles couldn't focus on that now. He had a race to win. Max would be hot on his tails, and the Ferrari driver desperately needed to win if he wanted to extend his lead in the championship.

A win in Australia would be the best thing to come out of today, but it would be ever better if he could find some way to share it with Iris.

charles:

IRIS:HEY THESE HAVE BEEN A CRAZY TWO WEEKSOH MY GODI JUST HAVE SO MUCH DRAMAAND TRAUMA?!,!?OU SHITTHE RACE HAS ALREADY STARTED??I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA GET THERE IN TIMESHIT ON ITwoah australia is fucking hot[ delivered ]

IRIS:
HEY
THESE HAVE BEEN A CRAZY TWO WEEKS
OH MY GOD
I JUST HAVE SO MUCH DRAMA
AND TRAUMA?!,!?
OU SHIT
THE RACE HAS ALREADY STARTED??
I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA
GET THERE IN TIME
SHIT ON IT
woah
australia is fucking hot
[ delivered ]