Chapter 6

Tommy PoV:
"So who did you want me to meet?", Ranboo asked, as they were walking with Tubbo towards some buildings in the distance. "There was this guy- Ren was his name I think- he is like part dog or something, like he has dog ears!", Tubbo exclaimed. "True, but he also seems like a chill guy to hang out with. But there was also that woman called Pearl, we could go meet her", Tommy said. The brunette looked at him and stated: "She said that she was gonna do something with her friends today though, I think they were called Impulse and Gem?" "So? We can do something with them as well?" "No, we can't do that!", Tubbo said determined. The blonde sighed and said: "How about we check out the rift instead then?" He was actually quite curious about it, since the adults were going there all the time. If Dream wasn't able to find them a way back, maybe he would be? Adults always over-complicated everything.

Ranboo looked at him: "I don't think that's a good idea Tommy. It could be dangerous." The blonde rolled his eyes and replied: "Geez, Ranboo, since when are you scared of stuff like that? Dude, we could totally find a way back to our world!" Tubbo meant skeptically: "If even Dream can't-" "Dream can't do anything, he probably needs it to be 100% safe or stuff. Let's at least go and check it out, even if we don't do anything, alright?" The others agreed, and so they made their way to where the rift once was.

They arrived about an hour later, when Tubbo exclaimed: "Careful! The adults are still here!" The three of them quickly hid behind some big rocks near them. They watched as Zedaph and Phil flew away, and overheard a couple of words while the two admins were chatting. They mentioned the rift, Grian and something about knowledge. After a minute or so they started walking away. The three teenagers waited a little longer, until Tommy couldn't stop himself anymore and ran towards the beacon beam. "Look! They dug a staircase down there.", the brunette called out. "I can see that", Tommy responded sarcastically. After a little discussion, they stepped down the staircase.

When they reached the bottom, Tommy was disappointed. There was absolutely nothing, just a big stone cave. Why were the adults so fascinated by this? "Theres nothing here! What is this joke?!", he called out, frustrated. "Let's look around a little, there must be something that's so interesting for Dream and Xisuma and the others", Tubbo meant. And so they did, until Tommy eventually discovered the small cave entrance where the magenta glimmer was coming out of. "Found it! Get over here!", he exclaimed. The other two hurriedly walked over to him. "That looks like something interesting, eh? I bet that's what they always look at. C'mon, let's get in there!" "What if it's dangerous though?", Ranboo hesitated. Tommy rolled his eyes and climbed into the little entrance, followed by Tubbo. The enderman sighed and followed behind. After walking for a little while, the blonde turned a corner and what he saw, took his breath away.

They were in the ceiling of a hall, decorated with amethysts, nether warts, candles, end rods and so much more. In the middle was something that looked like a big enchantment table, only that the book was floating over some kind of red-purplish altar. There were letters floating around it, not in enchantment, but in some other language he didn't know. Strangely, there was a little but deep puddle of water, into which he jumped down without a second thought. Tubbo followed him, amazed, and Ranboo dug a little staircase down, as he couldn't touch the water. By the time he was at the bottom, the two boys had already run up to the altar with the floating book. "Dude! This is sooo cool!!", Tubbo called out. Tommy wanted to take the book, but the brunette punched it away. "It could be dangerous!"

Suddenly, a hand grabbed his shoulder and pushed him away from the book. He heard Tubbo being pushed as well. As the blonde looked up, he saw Ranboo standing next to the book, seemingly reading in it. "Dude, what the hell?! You could've just asked me to-" He stopped as the hybrid looked at him, his eyes glowing purplish, stronger then ever before. "Yeah Ranboo, you could've just asked us to step away?! You-" Tubbo stopped as well, as soon as the enderman looked at him. Tommy scrambled to his legs and ran over to Tubbo, whispering: "He's enderwalking. We need to stay away, he probably doesn't recognize us." With these words, he pulled his friend a couple of steps away, when a blinding magenta light emerged from behind them. They turned over to Ranboo. He was holding the book- no, the book was hovering above his hand. Its purple aura was going over to the enderman, until it seemed that both he and the book were illuminating in the same magenta light.