1 | love

Love is a sort of feeling you get when, well, when you like someone a lot.

Your heart starts beating so fast you can feel it banging against your chest and you can hear it echoing inside your shaking body. Your vision blurs and time almost changes, your palms begin to sweat so much it leaves marks on your clothes as you wipe them, your breathing becomes so irregular you feel like you're going to pass out, your brain races with so many thoughts it almost hurts.

Love is a dangerous feeling, and a feeling that can be played with so easily.

Because when you love someone, it's hard to stop loving them, even when they break your heart, even when they hurt you, even when they don't love you back, even when they lead you on. They can hurt you just as much as you can love them.

Sometimes love can hurt more than hatred.

Love plays with the mind, love is a feeling you cannot control, you'll fool yourself into believing they love you back, when in reality they barley even acknowledge you.

You see, only fools fall in love.

Though I can't really blame people for falling in love,

since I am a fool myself.

* * *

"So you're not in love? Not even a little bit? With anyone? At all?"

"For the last time Belle, I'm not. Now drop it." I sighed.

"Okay but like... what about celebrities? Like umm— wait not even Daniel Radcliffe—"

"No... not... even Daniel Radcliffe." I furrowed my eyebrows and side-eyed her. "Wait, weren't you crushing Tom Hiddleston last week—"

"Seriously? But Daniels so British, like imagine dating him and imagine how he'd call you love, darling, sweetheart, none of this American babe, bitch, bae shit. Like British. Men. Y/N. Britsh. Men." She clapped in between her last words, her flapping hands nearing my face, causing me to wince and lean back in my stool.

Me and Belle where sat on stools around my breakfast bar, which was placed in my kitchen, both of us slowly going through a bottle of red wine.

"The only thing you love is red wine." Belle huffs, crossing her arms and leaning her right arm on the white wall beside her. "Sometimes I think you love that drink more than me."

I chuckled, picking up the half empty bottle of wine from the bar and refilling my glass. "Well if you had thought that correctly back in high school then maybe you would've actually graduated."

Belle scoffed. "You are a cruel woman, a truly cruel woman."

I lifted my wine glass to my lips as I said. "Mhm, sure I am." Before taking a sip of the chill beverage.

Belle sighed, straightening her posture and leaning over the bar in front of me. "Well you cant say you've never been in love before can you?"

I raised my eyebrow warningly at her. "Don't you dare—"

"Because you were SO in love with Mr. Andrews back in high school! You had the fattest crush on him! I cannot believe you seriously fell for the art teacher! His poor wife and kids and your poor 16 year old self, you really thought you had a chance—"

"Okay— okay! Stop! Oh my god, Belle." I laughed, standing up and leaning over the bar, waving my hands around her face in hopes she'd shut up. "You're the one who was obsessed with Willem Dafoe!"

She completely froze and stared at me blankly. "I will never forgive you for bringing that up."

I laughed at her blank expression and serious sounding tone. "He looks like your uncle."

She gasped and placed her hand on her heart. "He does not! Take that back right now!"

I laughed harder, my eyes squinting as I hunched over. "Oh stop lying! You know he does!"

She huffed. "The audacity you have to insult my uncle Danny like that, he is a nice man."

I scoff. "He's an old man." I say quietly, taking a long swig of my wine.

Belle stared at me and the glass I was practically tipping into my mouth as I finished it. "You're going to die of heart attack by the age of thirty the way you're going."

I placed my glass down and wiped my mouth with my sleeve. "And you're going to die of syphilis by the age of twenty - four, the amount of men you sleep with. Say, what's your body count again? 17? 18? 20–?"

"Oh hush, the first and last guy you ever slept with was David C from high school." She rolled her eyes at me.

I hummed. "And I'd like to keep it that way... it wasn't exactly my most pleasant experience..."

She snorted, standing up from her seat. "Hunny trust me, I remember every little detail you gave me."

I sucked my teeth, blinking at my glass. "Yeah..."

Belle finished off her glass of wine, placing it by the sink and sighing. "Alright, well I'm going to sleep now, I've had a busy day and you're boring me." She joked, giving me a hug.

I chuckled and hugged her back. "Okay, I was just about to clear up anyway."

She kissed my cheek, smiled at me and with that she turned on her heel and walked out of the kitchen.

I sighed and crossed my arms on the bar, dropping my head on them and closing my eyes. I stayed like that for a moment, but raised my head again after my wine smelling breath began to trap itself within my arms and irritate my nose.

I rested my chin on my arms instead and stared at the half empty bottle of wine, debating with myself wether to drink the rest of it or not.

I bit the inside of my cheek and thought it over, looking at the clock that hung on my wall.

It's an eight - thirty on a Friday evening— shit but Belle's asleep

I looked back at the bottle of wine and groaned. "Fuck it."

I'll just have to be quiet

I reached out for the big glass and placed the tip to my lips, tilting it upwards and chugging more of drink, I quickly slammed it back on the table and gasped for hair, squinting at the harsh taste.

I was getting wasted alone tonight.