3 | suprise?

"Let me see Patches." I whine, propping my phone on my bedside table.

"She's not here." He moves the phone closer, doing a close up 0.5 on his face.

I roll my eyes, smiling. "Clay, I can see her paw on your shoulder."

He pursed his lips and moved his camera slightly to the right, where I spotted a sprawled out Patches clinging to Clay.

I pushed my bottom lip out and hummed. "She's so cute."

He chuckled, moving the camera away from his face and completely focusing of the calico cat in his arms. He hummed as his hand came to stroke her back slowly.

She let out a quiet 'meow' and I 'aww'ed' at her. "Oh my god."

Clay laughed and caressed the top of her head with his finger. "She misses you."

"I miss her too." I frown playfully, watching as the kitty's soft fur is brushed gently against Clay's hand, nuzzling into his touch.

He hummed. "You should come visit."

I smiled. "It's a two hour drive Clay."

He pursed his lips. "Okay, then I'll come visit."

I shook my head and laughed. "Absolutely not."

He pouted. "Why not?"

"Because this house is a shit hole, plus there's not much to do here." I told him.

"So?." He reasoned poorly.

"So." I said sternly, a smile on my face.

He rolled his eyes. "You're so annoying."

"Wow how kind, Clay." I rolled my eyes back at him. "Such a sweet guy."

He laughed at me, giving Patches one last pat before she crawled off of his chest.

"So, you doing anything this week?" I asked.

He hummed in thought. "Not really, my mom's coming to visit in a couple of days."

I gasp. "Oh, I love your mom."

He scoffed. "You love my whole family Y/N."

"Not true." I argued

Clay tilted his head slightly. "You cried when my sister started high school?"

I pursed my lips and clicked my tongue, before yawning. "Shut up."

"You tired?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah, a little."

"Go to bed then." He said, turning his head to the side, presumably checking the clock on his wall. "I better go get some sleep too actually."

I hummed. "Mhm, I'll talk to you later yeah?"

"Of course, goodnight Y/N." He says.

"G'night Clay." I give him one last smile and a quick wave, before hanging up.

Before I slept though, there was one last thing I had to do.