Chapter 3 - A Right to Lead

"Damn it Snowman! Turn that cold air of yours off!" "I emit it always! I can also die without it, you fool! Why don't you take this chance to simmer down!" Bakugo and myself were currently in a heated argument about my mist that was attached to our explosive friend, on purpose I might add. "Enough (Y/N) and Bakugo! I could hear you both all the way down the hallway." Got caught by the teacher and now we both look like jerks. "Now today you all have an important decision to make, one that will greatly impact your future here at U.A." Something this big and important sounding... Perhaps hero names or... No wait, he couldnt mean! "Class president! Now while I would love to hear this debate on it, I could use the shut eye." Zipping himself into that sleeping of his, The class was calm for a second until erupting into arguments on who should be class president and why. "Enough! We aren't going to get anywhere with all this arguing, why don't we try democracy and have a vote? It's anonymous and fair to all!" Iida was the boy speaking and surely someone who would make a good class president, while seeming zealous to life's rules, he had the commanding voice and trustworthiness but that's only what I could gain from a few days of knowing him. Would I like the postion or at least vice president? Perhaps it could help me in the long turn and open my door more?

I didn't think this would be the turn out, Midoriya and I were standing at the front of the classroom as the newly elected president and vice president, with myself as vice and its a postion I could respect. "Welp, Didn't think I would be up here but I could see you my green haired friend. Now since I'm the vice president I think it's important for me to get all of the class numbers, ladies first?" A collective groan was felt among all the students and the select couple who actually voted for the shamless flirt. Unknown to (Y/N), the votes he received were made from the days previous mock battle and the talk about his battle in particular. While he was taken to the infirmary to get help, a certain spectacle wearing hero seemed to be observing the footage.

(Iida Pov - Yesterday)

"Now while our young hero goes to receive some help, why don't we all use this moment to study the battle. Perhaps some could  name the MVP of the battle?" Wasting no time I raised my hand to answer "Yaoyorozu! She planned a good defense and she was prepared for the villians every step!" "Yes young Iida! Yaoyorozu, while both teams did very well, she performed above everyone else with her excellent defence and planning but I want to talk about something concerning the heroes team." All Might was rewinding the video to the first attack of the heroes. "Now while it seems like our heroes had a well thought out plan, their plan failed because of a lack of information about the inside. Though they did act within their own time limit and available info, now let's go forward to the last minute of the fight." Once again I watched the video for details that may be helpful but nothing changed from my watching. "Now I want you all to watch this final minute closely." All Might unpaused the video and while I watched carefully I couldn't see what he wanted us too. "That jerk..." "Knew he did that on purpose." Kaminari and Jirou both made comments and now I finally saw what they saw. As they charged in for the final push, (Y/N), who was leading the charge with a ice shield reacted first when he not one but another Cannon pointing at his group. He pushed his team behind him with his ice and erected a ice bubble to protect them from the explosion but he took the full blast. Protecting his own team at the cost of his wellbeing, something a hero would do without even thinking.

((Y/N) - Pov)

"Look all I am saying is you guys voted for me, can't you at least consider my new uniform?" A smack to my head was the answer as Kaminari and Kirishima laughed while Ashido and Jirou shakedown their heads. "Can you not be a pervert for five minutes?" "Oh come on Jirou! Even you would look good in a cheerleader outfit." "What do you mean even me?!" We all were enjoying lunch and honestly having a better time since this morning, arriving at the school with Jirou and Kirishima, I was hounded by news reporters. I honestly don't appreciate all the slander they put on heroes, people putting themselves on the line and who just want to do good... But perhaps not every hero is like that. I could think of a few dirtbags who deserve the slander but most... Not so much. Lunch was normal and while I tried to argue my case on the new uniforms for the girls, suddenly alarms started going off in the lunch room. "What the?!" The alarm sounded off as a high level security breach and students were said to excavate. This school with its high level of security along with all the pro heroes who work here, this can't be possible. "Yo (Y/N), we need to get going!" The others at my table we making a break for exit but this was too suspicious. "Not coming, just stay safe." Breaking through the crowd to the window, I saw what I expected. One of those news reporters managed to make it onto the grounds which violates the schools rules. This is just all a big misunderstanding and students can get trampled from this chaos! "(Y/N)! Are you alright?" I was joined by Midoriya, Iida, and Ochako which seemed to work for me. "Yes I'm fine but this panic is all a misunderstanding! A news reporter is just outside, we need to put a stop to it... Iida, can you help me? I want to use that commanding voice of yours.".

Using my quirk to summon a pillar for myself and Iida to stand on, we were high and clear to all to hear us. "EVERYONE! This is just a overreaction from the security system, the intruder is only a news reporter! Please remain calm and proceeded back to your seats." "If you notice any of your fellow students hurt, please help them to their feet and anyone able bodied to lead them to the infirmary." With the panic decreasing I lowered the pillar and patted Iida on the back. "Nice job Iida, knew that voice of yours would get their attention." "Yes, I found our partnership acceptable... I fear I must apologize." Apologize? "I misjudged you (Y/N), I thought you were a simple minded pervert like Mineta but you have proved me wrong with these past days. I'm glad I voted for you." Extending his hand I took it with a nod from me. "Glad to have another friend, and no problems from me. Just agree to change the uniforms and we will be even." Not letting it slide, I received a tongue lashing while Midoriya and Ochako joined me in laughter. When everyone had returned to the classroom Midoriya made a small announcement, he figured that since Iida and I bounce off each other so well he would be stepping down from his president position and passing it onto Iida. Little did I know that our cooperation would be put to the test within our upcoming field trip.

"We're making a small field trip for today's hero class, now its up to you if you wanna wear your costume or just gym clothes. We meet at the bus in ten minutes." Everyone scattered to change, my costume was entirely made to improve my powers so choosing to wear it wasn't a hard choice. "Yo! Where do you think we are going (Y/N)?" Kaminari strolled up to me as I stood outside waiting on the others of the class "Could be anywhere honestly, Maybe they are keeping it entirely secret to test us.". Both of us talked about locations which we could be visiting and the entire conversation carried onto the bus as we sat next to each other "Hopefully its in the public area, I really want to catch the eye of some other heroes." "I wouldn't worry too much about that my friend, no matter the quirk or ability of the user, anyone who deems themselves to be worthy of doing good will always be loved by someone in the public. Take someone like Bakugo for instance..." The blonde haired boy perked his up to listen "His attitude is entirely unlikable and his quirk could cause many problems but no matter what, if he saves the day someone would like him." Our talk came to a stop as the bus had finally reached our destination which turned out to be a place neither of us could have guessed. 

"Welcome to U.S.J!" Universal Studios Japan? "Today you all will be undertaking rescue training at this facility under the supervision of myself and Thirteen here." Thirteen was the astronaut looking person who welcomed us, they were known as a very famous rescue hero who's quirk was known as "Black Hole". In my own opinion they could excel at other fields of hero work but everyone has a preference. "This state of the art facility is made to cater to any situation you may find yourself in. Shipwrecks, extreme fire, snow, and many other situations in which people could be in danger! Now before we enter I would like to go over only a few safety precautions." Uh-oh, I don't think this is a quick "Keep your arms to yourself" kinda speech is it. It was only a few minutes but felt as though they kept talking and talking about various safety hazards, when we all stepped inside I got a little idea brewing in my head. If Thirteen was so worried about safety then perhaps lending a hand might make this entire trip more easy. My mist has nearly unlimited range which means spreading it over the entire complex wasn't an issue, except for the areas of extreme heat... fire is never my strong suit which means I couldn't sense that ar-! What is that? "Everyone, stay back behind me and Thirteen!".

It wasn't the easiest thing to see but feeling it was different, a haze appeared at the base of the fountain down the main stairs. Now unless there was another hero who was joining us today I couldn't think beyond my original thought, villains were here to try to catch a glimpse of All Might, now its beyond common knowledge that everyone knows he is a teacher but I don't think he was even supposed to be here today. My entire thought  process came to a freeze when I felt something step through the haze "Uh-oh! Someone just stepped through!" In just a few moments of time more and more people started to walk out of the haze and it looked as though that wasn't the only spot they were coming in. 

Chapter 3 is done! So should I pay somebody to revise these chapters and give some pointers or something? My idea was to lead into the USJ arc which it did but its sloppy and I can tell while writing. Hopefully I stop with this but I honestly don't think I can or at least really am trying? Don't really know what I'm saying but ill stop right now. Thanks for Reading and Enjoy your Day!