𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 5

𓂀 ℭ𝔯𝔲𝔢𝔩 𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔢 𓂀

||Sky||

Niova

Nikolai did not make any sense whatsoever. His words were always sincere to those he trusted. I was more than someone he trusted, I was his closest ally, the person he swore would stay by his side even when the world has turned its backs on him.

I would stay with him. The boy Handsome.

I was the girl whom he made a promise to never leave my side. I too condemned myself to feel the same way.

"Nikolai, I don't understand. . ." I trailed on getting lost again in those deep golden orbs of his. Barely managing to place them away, somewhere that I could comprehend.

Many things are happening, I could sense it. I may become insane playing doll inside this castle with my father the one holding me captive. My mother was already halfway across Ravka. The stare she gave my father that night sent shivers to my bones.

The conversation that occurred in the main chambers was brutal, that I was certain.

She refused to go with us, breaking both of our hearts, my father and I. I was afraid of hearing them argue because my mother deep down never had in her soul to accept me as her daughter.

"My mother is never the one to let her guard down, she pushes people even her daughter, Nikolai." I refrained to say anything I would soon regret. And focused my vision at the pavement floor covered by little bits of vegetables.

He opened his mouth to say a word, but no sound escaped. I saw in his worry that he yearned for his friend.

I sighed.

"I'm fine," I uttered, holding my legs close to my chest. I kept my sadness in, not wanting to show my vulnerability in Infront of the strongest person in my life. I was embarrassed to allow him to comfort me, not again.

It has always been this way. Every time I felt alone, hurt, or empty. I had to endure. Suck it in, never let anyone know your weakness.

Those were my mother's first teachings since I was young.

I may be their child by blood. But she was just fulfilling her duty as my mother and as a wife to a duke. When we visited Shu Han, only my father came with me.

We were a flawless family in Infront of the public eyes. As nobles of Ravka with the blood of Shu, we were looked upon with great interest, and respect for my father, sometimes they appear with bitter disgust. I was taught by my father to never pay those jealous people any glances, for they just wished to be us.

The power of being born noble with different blood has its disadvantages. I just wished that my mother would love her daughter, I was always there by her side, yet she pushed me away.

"Niova, please talk to me." Nikolai held up my cheeks with both of his palms. They were warm, so soft, and familiar.

I couldn't hold my tears any longer. Water from my eyes fell onto his hands and all of the guilt and emotions I held within were finally freed.

"Take me to our place, Nikolai." I told him. We both understood the place of our childhood. A fountain designed for him and I. The very escape we brought for our own satisfaction as if fate was kind enough to allow us to explore deep inside our beautiful, saddened self.