Introduction

I found myself looking at old pictures and yearbooks, wishing I could go back to make things right with those I've pushed away and distanced myself from. It was depressing to think about the past. I had to stop dwelling on it. I was twenty and wanted to go back a few years. Back when everything was okay. Back before Paul exited my life. Hell, life without knowing of his existence would be perfect!

I was on the phone with long-time friend of mine, Sabryna. We were reminiscing on our school days and talking about how much different our lives were than what we planned. "Where did I go wrong?" I asked, looking at an old My Life Plan assignment we had our Freshman year. "I was supposed to be a songwriter, author and actress. Wow. My goals were big!" Instead of doing that, I was living on people's couches and my parent's house. Graduated in 2013 and have worked three different places, soon to be four if things went good.

"One day, it'll get better. Don't worry." Sabryna encouraged. I huffed.

"Yeah, okay. I gotta go. See you at work." I started training today at the fast food chain she worked at. I was back line, making food. I couldn't cook to save my life! Living with Paul I practically starved! If it wasn't for fast food I'd be gone. I was learning to cook with the help of a char broiler.

I arrived at my pay-to-kill destination. Sabryna greeted me, overly cheerful. "Whoa, woman." I said, backing up and putting my hands up. "What got into you?" She shrugged.

"Ready to cook?"

"My cooking makes me a glorified under the cop radar hit woman." She laughed and showed me the ropes. It wasn't as hard as I thought. It was actually a lot easier. It was boring as all hell, and fast paced but that was okay. When we were leaving she told me she'd given some thought to our earlier conversation.

"What if we could go back to high school? Or back in time in general?"

"I'd mess up less, get better grades, take better care of myself and learn to control my badly broken filter." She laughed. My mouth had gotten me into some awful situations and it got even worse when Paul popped up into my life. Neither of us were nice people, which is why people stayed out of our way. Our egos had us convinced it was because we were so B.A. We had our selves believe we ruled the town.

I regretted dating him so badly. I regretted telling him I even had a crush on him. Maybe our relationship would be better now if I never admitted to loving him.

When I got home I decided it was time to clean out my super massive black hole of a purse and junk it. It's been a long haul with it. It was my baby. I kept everything in it, notebooks, pens, girl products, everything. While I was cleaning it I found a vial of... something. It was purple. I smelled it. No scent. The label read, Drink 4 Change. Did I buy this at a small shop? Or maybe it was something for one of the charities I donated to. Why not? Bottoms up. After drinking the juice, I went to bed and woke up a whole new person...